Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Asset Storage while unsubscribed

We all know that real life sometimes doesn't allow us to keep playing all year round, or other instances of subscription lapse. I noted a grace period before loosing player housing after a subscription lapses, however...

Will there be a storage system/Bank system to store excess gear/Trophies/Materials until you can return to the game and re-subscribe?
Function to disassemble your housing/Freehold assets and store them without possible loss due to Node destruction while unsubscribed for example.

Loosing a lot of progress due to the inability to play for an extended period would be a serious drawback of player retention of casual players imho.
If this topic has been discussed already, any links to the information would also be appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure about that, but it's a really good question.

I hope we get a good answer.
  • Options
    Guess I should have made this a Question comment though. Only just saw the option to choose between Discussion and Question.
    May re-post as a question at a later date if this thread gets lost in the multitude of threads ;)
  • Options
    Not sure. By their design it doesn't sound like the game will support such a feature. The game kind of relies on there to be no definite safe zone for the economy.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    When your freehold is destroyed, you get a blueprint to enable you to place it down somewhere new when you find space.

I can't imagine this not being the case if you become not subscribed to the game for long enough for your freehold to be removed - however that may happen.
  • Options
    Ya that sounds like the most likely is that the game will do nothing, but it will not allow you to get repeatably attacked either.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    I guess the ability to stash/hoard resources on an inactive account could cause some issues, but hopefully a balanced approach to allow returning players to not have to loose all their progress/efforts due to unexpected lapse of subscription is implemented.
  • Options
    noaani wrote: »
    When your freehold is destroyed, you get a blueprint to enable you to place it down somewhere new when you find space.

I can't imagine this not being the case if you become not subscribed to the game for long enough for your freehold to be removed - however that may happen.

More concerned about materials/resources/crafting items that you may be storing in craftable chests in those freehold buildings. Does the blueprint just refer to the items/trophies/decorations in that freehold? Or also the items in those containers.

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Rheaper wrote: »
    noaani wrote: »

More concerned about materials/resources/crafting items that you may be storing in craftable chests in those freehold buildings. Does the blueprint just refer to the items/trophies/decorations in that freehold? Or also the items in those containers.

I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to be kept.

This isn't something we know for sure one way or another, but I see no reason why it couldn't include resources and such.