Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions & Suggestions

DarktideDarktide Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
I'm going to preface this by a disclaimer:
I have been following Ashes for a very long time... passively. Games over the last 10-20 years have really let the community down anywhere from vaporware to removal of key features to sooth the masses. I've been playing games for 30+ years and my fist serious MMO, like yourself was in the 90's. UO being the first and AC1: Darktide the most serious game I ever played.

These questions will stem from a standpoint of AC1 and current tech.

1. On Guilds. Guild leaders often spend massive amounts of time in-game and outside leading, promoting, and running a guild. AC had a very handy experience pass-up feature for their allegiances which rewarded guild leaders. Often with greater responsibility there is just the added workload in many games and no tangible rewards. I will note that flying mounts are a thing, but (this is a two-part question). Is there any thought on various types of guilds, monarchy, democratic, patron/vassal, and is there any mechanic in place to help make up for that lost time the running of a guild takes. XP pass-up was the perfect solution, I thought. I could spend my time building a guild and running it and was rewarded for growth and nurturing that loyalty.

2. On Corruption. Have you given any consideration to a Darktide-style server or subset of servers that have no corruption feature enabled? I'm probably in the minority on this one, as in this day and age, with the type of gamers we have, a darktide server may not stand the test of time like it did back then. However, with the mechanics proposed, I can see some viability. Since guilds and alliances have more power to police the unfavorable elements than with a simple game like AC. I do like the concept of Corruption and think that for the general public, this is a good idea in theory. The more hard-core player-base (albeit much smaller) would enjoy a server with no such limitations. We like the extreme risk and the ability to police ourselves. It also lends to stronger and tighter guilds, where your allegiance really matters.

3. On External Tools. There have been a number of games that allow for data-mining of much of the game's data. This is very handy and leads to some great innovations/integrations. One I could foresee is website/discord integrations to sync permissions with ranks/offices in game. To announce events, statuses, and player information being available or tied to those accounts via a plug-in. Making the data readily available enables these creators to build tools that further help guild leaders to do their jobs without a lot of the manual steps necessary. Discord is a very good example. There is a bot called Charlemagne that shows raid stats for users. There are many other examples. What thought have you given to data-mining and availability of game/guild/player details being available externally.

4. On External Tools (part 2). There are bishops, mayors, guild leaders, all with important roles in the world. Will there be apps/tools external to the game to manage those responsibilities. For example a guild management tool on your website, or phone app. Inventory management, like Destiny 2 had (3rd party), Town management. These are helpful for a person that's busy and doesn't have the ability to log in right away to make an important change, such as securing a vault or demoting a member, queuing the next project, etc.

Comments

• Options
    On a side-note. I have long accepted that there will never be another game server like AC1:Darktide. But at the same time, I know a large part of the community that are "aging" as you put it in your AMA, still remember and are nostalgic over the unique community that it created.
  • Options
    DarktideDarktide Member
    edited August 2020
    Redacted - Moved to main post.
  • Options
    I actually found the questions section and placed these in there.