Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How will support players receive EXP in grind groups?

In the recent developer update, it was talked about how EXP will distributed by how much damage you do to the target. If the mob has 10k health, and you do 4k, you will receive 40% of the exp.

How does this translate for the support players out there? Has it been discussed previously? If so, would someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    it is based on group damage and distributed to the group. Also, Cleric is DPS/Heal and Bard is DPS/Buff.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It could be that they keep in mind the added damage from buffs and that they also add in the amount of healed hp that you replenish.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Neurath wrote: »
    it is based on group damage and distributed to the group. Also, Cleric is DPS/Heal and Bard is DPS/Buff.

Nice! Thanks for clarifying. I'm typically a support/tank player myself so this was important for me to find out.
    Damokles wrote: »
    It could be that they keep in mind the added damage from buffs and that they also add in the amount of healed hp that you replenish.

That would be amazing. Usually that would seem far fetched but this company seems to have that level of detail in their development process.
  • GboltGbolt Member
    edited August 2020
    Damokles wrote: »

I doubt it will be like that.

Though OP is not clear about what he is asking. Are you asking for two groups that attack same mob? Or single player/single group?

If two groups are attacking same mob, they will get experience to the percentage of damage done.
    If one group is attacking a mob, everyone in group will get their equal share of experience, no matter if you are healer or damage dealer. It has nothing to do with how many heals/buffs whatever you did.

At least thats how I understood from recent Steven interview. And its really similar to Lineage 2 system.

Another thing to keep in mind is how much experience is given from one mob. If one mob gives let say 100 exp, and you are in group consisting of 8 people, you most certainly wont get 100 exp each. Steven said, mob experience would be increased a bit and then shared with everyone, meaning that if you solo, you get more experience per mob, but in a group you can kill way faster and kill stronger mobs.

For example, if party of 8 would get 30% exp bonus, that mob would then give 130 exp and then be shared between all members, meaning each mob would give you about ~16exp per kill.
  • Kalv1441 wrote: »
    In the recent developer update, it was talked about how EXP will distributed by how much damage you do to the target. If the mob has 10k health, and you do 4k, you will receive 40% of the exp.

How does this translate for the support players out there? Has it been discussed previously? If so, would someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction?

No. That experience split was when more than 2 parties are fighting the same mob. Experience is shared among all party members, not according to damage. That only happens when 2 parties fight the same mob.
    The party who tagged the mob first needs less damage to get the loot.
    The experience is shared according to damage %.
  • BlackBrony wrote: »
    Kalv1441 wrote: »

No. That experience split was when more than 2 parties are fighting the same mob. Experience is shared among all party members, not according to damage. That only happens when 2 parties fight the same mob.
    The party who tagged the mob first needs less damage to get the loot.
    The experience is shared according to damage %.

Thanks for the clarification!