Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Weight and why it matters

Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I'm copying this from a reply to alpha soulsvid from Saturday.
One thing that really stood out for me was the troll animation. The best thing that many probably didn't notice was its weight when it attacked. It wasn't just the arm swipe, it was its whole body reacting to the swipe. To me that is going the be the hidden factor when it comes to combat to make it look stellar. This goes back to the fluid comment from another stream talking about wow. If you look, all their toons have weight whether attacking or running. That is what gives the toons their believability imo and their fluid.
If they nail this like they did with the troll animation this game will rock....hard.

Comments

• Options
    Quinny_WinnyQuinny_Winny Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If the death animations have the Skyrim rag-doll effect I'm sold.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just don't make money way anything
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Nagash Currency has been confirmed to not have weight. And the last answer to the weight/volume inventory question was a month ago of an official "We are working on it." I realize the OP was about a different kind of weight.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg