Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What kind of content i think would be great to find in game: hidden content

showykshowyk Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
I would love to see real hidden content in the game.
Especial quests that you can only do if you achieve some hidden prerequisites, or short stories told by random npc`s with clues within the game that will guide you to discover something that only those who read and explored could find.
I think if the game has this kinda of content, that rewards the player who explore the world and everything on it, it makes it much more fun!

Who remembers the legendary blades Illidan Stormrage, that was some hidden sh1t in the game that indicates the existence of the item and how to get it.
Or the legendary hidden content on Tibia. Quests that only could be activated after you achieve something and hit the right dialogue
Some of those contents were discovered by accident, others was following leads, but this kinda of hidden precious shit hard to find its present on every literature and fantasy story.

Ofc, if there will be such content in game, please don't tell us, just do it!

what do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    I like it. Maybe you have to find multiple map or books to piece it together. Of course, once it is revealed on one server the internet will knows. Although, maybe you will need the pieces (Bell, Book and Candle anyone?) to gain access.
  • Options
    ZiuZiu Member
    I remember back in the day when I was a kid exploring every single corner of World of Warcraft.

Sadly there was NO hidden chests, monsters, or literally anything really. There were rare spawns that popped up in random places but nothing to satisfy the explorer.

The first thing I thought of when I saw this game in its beauty was “Wow I cant wait to explore, I really hope there’s something, some kind of hidden treasure, armor, or monster I can find to reward me for my detailed exploration.” I would be very bummed to find no very hidden things out there in the world.
    There needs to be something to reward the explorer for their efforts of searching for hidden things, instead of trying to power level as fast as possible.
  • Options
    AdlehydeAdlehyde Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ziu wrote: »
    I remember back in the day when I was a kid exploring every single corner of World of Warcraft.

Sadly there was NO hidden chests, monsters, or literally anything really. There were rare spawns that popped up in random places but nothing to satisfy the explorer.

The first thing I thought of when I saw this game in its beauty was “Wow I cant wait to explore, I really hope there’s something, some kind of hidden treasure, armor, or monster I can find to reward me for my detailed exploration.” I would be very bummed to find no very hidden things out there in the world.
    There needs to be something to reward the explorer for their efforts of searching for hidden things, instead of trying to power level as fast as possible.

That reminds me, Rift had certain chests that could only be obtained by completing hidden jumping puzzles located throughout the world. I always found those to be fun.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    All classes are capable adventurers, but rogues excel at delving the deepest dungeons and finding the most hidden of treasures.[3]

Rogues will have utility skills that enable them to discover hidden doors, traps and additional treasures.[4]
    These will be randomly spawned throughout different times of the day to ensure that encounters are not the same each time.[4]

If you're in a party and you have a Rogue that's available, they'll be able to use that utility skill to discover these random doors that might exist in a dungeon. Now the way we make it so that it's not essentially the same door every time and it's just a first time thing and every time thereafter you know where that door's at, is these locations are randomly spawned throughout different times of the day so they'll change essentially as you go into a dungeon at different times. So it'll be important and relevant for parties to make sure that they have a diversity of archetypes available to them. And in particular for the rogues case because they can find those hidden type doors and then have access to different types of loot tables based off of that.[4] – Steven Sharif

Check out the wiki:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Rogue
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Undead Canuck rogues aren't the only ones to have a special utility skill. Every class will have them, and I can't wait to see what they are!
  • Options
    showyk wrote: »
    Especial quests that you can only do if you achieve some hidden prerequisites, or short stories told by random npc`s with clues within the game that will guide you to discover something that only those who read and explored could find.
    I think if the game has this kinda of content, that rewards the player who explore the world and everything on it, it makes it much more fun!

Who remembers the legendary blades Illidan Stormrage, that was some hidden sh1t in the game that indicates the existence of the item and how to get it.
    Or the legendary hidden content on Tibia. Quests that only could be activated after you achieve something and hit the right dialogue
    Some of those contents were discovered by accident, others was following leads, but this kinda of hidden precious shit hard to find its present on every literature and fantasy story.

what do you guys think?

Great idea. I'm sure this will be considered after the game gets released. As of now though, I don't think its at the top of their priority list.
  • Options
    All classes are capable adventurers, but rogues excel at delving the deepest dungeons and finding the most hidden of treasures.[3]

Rogues will have utility skills that enable them to discover hidden doors, traps and additional treasures.[4]
    These will be randomly spawned throughout different times of the day to ensure that encounters are not the same each time.[4]

If you're at a party and you have a Rogue that's available, they'll be able to use that utility skill to discover these random doors that might exist in a dungeon. Now the way we make it so that it's not essentially the same door every time and it's just a first time thing and every time thereafter you know where that door's at, is these locations are randomly spawned throughout different times of the day, so they'll change essentially as you go into a dungeon at different times. So it'll be important and relevant for parties to make sure that they have a diversity of archetypes available to them. And in particular for the rogues case because they can find those hidden type doors and then have access to different types of loot tables based off of that.[4] – Steven Sharif

Check out the wiki:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Rogue

I know about it, but what I mean is to have something else hidden.
    For example: you find a book in a dungeon and this book if you hold it in your bag while speak with a certain npc, it will reveal something about some craft recipe and a clue about what you need to look after.
    Some real puzzle hidden content so you can go out on the world and explore the secrets of this old civilization.

Because if you stop to think, if everything is just driven by craft and drops, it would be like losing a huge potential of the game.

The lore is that we are returning to our old world through a portal and has all these traces of an ancient civilization, and it would be cool to implement these hidden puzzles to explore this part of the game.

As each server will have a different story, with the size of the map and the mechanics involved, imagine that each server will be able to discover different things, different legendary items because different servers develop different regions.
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    showyk wrote: »

what do you guys think?

Great idea. I'm sure this will be considered after the game gets released. As of now though, I don't think its at the top of their priority list.

oh, for sure.
    i dont think that needs to be a priority.
    I just think that is something they can use to encourage players go out and evolve new nodes to explore more the world.
    and it would be a good way to prevent servers from eventually ending up with the same developed regions, as players can eventually see that they are better regions to develop.

a win-win situation!
  • Options
    Even if it's just little random lore things its cool to find them in the world ^-^, I remember deep sea diving for sunken treasure in Archeage, they had ancient fancy decor items u could find, dishware, vases, fence posts was kinda cool
  • Options
    NaxxazNaxxaz Member
    edited August 2020
    I know Steven plays DND/Pathfinder, so i almost expect an easter egg in-game from that.

I hope they add something in there that is super creepy, like the pentagram children in wow, or a diary found in the forest detailing a guy being hunted by something.
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    Great Idea. Having more in-depth puzzles/hard to find events would definately keep gameplay exciting for longer. Hope the devs note the idea and jot it down for future thought ;)
    Perhaps keep an eye out for Dev Q and A's or suggestions requests in the future to push this idea to them.