Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Monotony Breakers

Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I really enjoy in games the fun creative complimentary and out of the ordinary concepts, for example
an exotic traveling trader that moves between the cities with exclusive goods, quest givers that appear only at specific times of day in hidden locations, spontaneous treasure goblins like in diablo that drop gold as they run...

imo they are an important component in a rpg game, they add a lot of flavor and enrich the world to make it feel more alive

would love to hear your alike ideas for ashes :)

Comments

• Options
    BakuBaku Member
    edited August 2020
    Those "random encaunters" you are talking about are nearly what I mentioned in another thread: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/44994/npc-reputation-idea
    Baku wrote: »
    I know that system from another game I played and I really loved and made use of it and so did the community of of that game.

There also could be a chance that "triggered" NPCs come to you randomly, where ever you are right in the moment (but with a very low chance) and ask you for help, providing a super rare/nice/helpful reward when you complete the task.

Even if they will give you only small rewards they are nice and make the world feel more alive.
  • Options
    Valento92Valento92 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yeah I like those RPG elements. GW2 has quite a few, not sure about its competitors since I didn't dig too much into them. Something that bothers me is that in GW2 they skipped implementing some places and I think it's because deadlines and budget... it's very sad seeing places that existed in GW1 that feels like were being implemented but couldn't be finished. Hope they avoid as much as possible incomplete places because they have us dreaming what they could've been. :|
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫