Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Co-leader in Guilds/ Custom rights per guild member

I have a question/ remark/ suggestion regarding the guild system, and I couldn't find too much about it so here I am.

With some MMO's I have played, the guild leader gets all the options to change certain aspects of the guild, officers less and regulars slim to none. Is it going to be possible to give, as a guild leader, a certain officer all the options as the guild leader making that person basically a Co-leader? (Obviously the Co-leader will not be able to ride flying mounts) This might be usefull because even the no-life gamers need a day or two (or more) off the game. Having a guild temperarily without a leader can easily have a guild fall apart during the time the guild leader is offline. Having a Co-leader might help to prevent the downfall for a guild. This also will show for the members that most of the time a Co-leader or leader is online and engaged in the guild. This might help to keep building the guild to greater hights during the times the guild leader is offline.

To go a bit deeper into this, basically my suggestion is the ability as a guild leader to set custom rights per member depending on their rank in the guild. The custom rights might be set in such a way that when a member reaches a threshhold of rights, the player automatically becomes a quartermaster, lieutenant, officer, co-leader, what-so-ever. This might give a whole new aspect to a guild. Even deeper: Depending on the given rights a person might become something like the Artisan officer, PVP officer, Raid/dungeon officer automatically.

Obviously this is something which is a very raw idea but it might be able to create more tight and flexible guilds over the duration of the "season" or longer!

My apologies for grammar mistakes, wrong section and if this suggestion/question has been made and answered before.

Comments

• Options
    We don't know much about guild ranks right now, but your idea is solid. Having different officers for PvE, PvP, Professions etc., is definitely something interesting.
  • Options
    I want to see a flexible guild ranking system! Guild Leader able to name the ranks and add more, place coleader(having 2leaders at same time would be awesome), successor, prince etc. Our group is awaiting the release of AOC, we have 2 leaders(im the 3rd in the ranks) and we want to have a system that gives us an option to have our 2 leaders named as this same time!
  • Options
    EathanEathan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Honestly this is something I hope intrepid sheds some light on as alpha 1 is coming. I want it to be fully customizable as in you set the number of roles, their names, their rights, etc
    Eathanbanner.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Eathan wrote: »
    Honestly this is something I hope intrepid sheds some light on as alpha 1 is coming. I want it to be fully customizable as in you set the number of roles, their names, their rights, etc

I understand the need for this and I agree that its a good thing but, Would it even matter in alpha 1?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I agree more customization is good, but yeah, no need for it until late beta imo.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My guild essentially has 7 guild leaders. I need there to be customization of the ranks for operations to be smooth. I assume guild things to be focused on halfway to later in Alpha 2 to be honest.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Khronus wrote: »
    My guild essentially has 7 guild leaders. I need there to be customization of the ranks for operations to be smooth. I assume guild things to be focused on halfway to later in Alpha 2 to be honest.

Yeah same with a lot of guilds it seems, still alpha 1 does not seem like the right time for this/
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace