Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

About Champions for Military Nodes and Smash Amiibos

Good day, I'm new to the forums and after some videos lately very excited for the game. What really caught me was Stevens excited.

I really like the idea of having different variations of electing a mayor for the city. Just having a popularity Vote would really prefer large Guilds or Streamers. In the military Nodes, you will build out a champion. These champions can be equipped with gear and skills via quests, along with materials and gold to make the champion stronger.
There are a few things that are in the open for this system. But you will surely have an advantage if you put many resources in said champion. Which again, would prefer large Guilds and Streamers, with a large resource pool. I'm sure there will be some kinda random attribute who wins. If a champion has the chance to win with nothing but a stick against a fully equipped behemoth of a guy, we just don't know yet.
But I wanted to share my ideas about this system.

I'm really into Super Smash Bros and YouTube content about that game. In Smash you can scan an Amiibo (a figure of a Fighter in-game), train him and give him special buffs. Many creators are regularly holding Amiibo tournaments and let them fight. There are really fun things about Amiibos that makes that video content to popular You could translate that to Ashes of Creation to make this system really fun and exciting.

I think having a champion you can recruit and keep for multiple gladiatorial events would be great. Just to have an emotional connection to your guy. Not only for you but maybe even the Server.

You can practice with Amiibos and get them to adopt certain behaviors. How accurate this is in Smash and how exactly this works, is a mystery, but this adds to the fun. You can train an Amiibo to do certain things and he is not good at it as others, so in your mind, Amiibos have a Character. Some taunt all the time and have the reputation to be a savage.
I would love to see this uniqueness in Champions. Maybe you can 1v1 them and get them to learn. They have some character traits. If you get a champion cheap and a slave auction in a cave he may have a cowardly attribute which makes him just run away sometimes. There you can play around with implementing these ideas in the world. For example: Through a quest, you get the scroll and read about a secret slave auction in a hidden mansion in the woods, where you maybe can get a really strong champion. Or you were scammed and he is strong but incredibly stupid and has trouble learning stuff.

The borderline is, the Amiibo system isn't that in-depth, but what the community makes of it is really fun. There are Amiibo's that are quite famous in the scene. You don't have to implement crazy questlines, but few things that make them unique.
So people want to see the fearless 3-time winner Champion, who is famous for his teabagging.

Thanks for reading and I would love to hear thoughts on this.