Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Suggestion] Shifting your racial motif contribution for nodes

So we already know that a node's appearance will be influenced by the races of the players that help contribute to it, but this has come up in my guild already that we may end up with an aesthetic choice that isn't preferable, even for the portion of players who are part of the dominant representing race.

This sort of thing might push a guild leader to be more selective on what kinds of characters they let into a guild purely based on race just to achieve the kind of motif they want. That kind of exclusion (albeit niche) wouldn't be too great, communities of players should have the ability to choose what they want regardless of their character race.

I would like to push for the idea of having changeable weights with what kind of motif a player can contribute towards, just a simple switch somewhere that defaults on your base race, but can be changed to whatever race you want so that a node may grow into the preferred aesthetic of a guild.

For instance, if you have a guild that's comprised of 25% Empyrean and 75% Tulnar, yet 100% of the guild agrees that they would want an Empyrean aesthetic for their node, allow the Tulnar to change their motif preference to add their weight to be as if 100% of the guild was Empyrean.

Simple? Difficult to implement? Do they already have ideas on this that I've just missed somehow? Who knows.

Comments

• Options
    Alternatively, having districts in the later stages that will host the second or third most contributing race, so that everyone gets a little of their flavor in on the architecture.
  • Options
    Atori wrote: »
    Alternatively, having districts in the later stages that will host the second or third most contributing race, so that everyone gets a little of their flavor in on the architecture.

Would be kind of weird if the contrast is too big though. But I like the idea.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • Options
    Dummo wrote: »
    Would be kind of weird if the contrast is too big though. But I like the idea.

I can see it now, suing the neighbors because their mushroom tree fell on your gold-gilded fence.