Concerns about Races

Hello Ashes of Creations community! "I'm concerned about the race variety in Ashes of Creation. Take the dwarves for instance. I tend to lean in the high fantasy preference like what Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is doing with their races. Their Dwarven race is phenomenal and is really eye catching. It's not just a small race it looks like they have a lot of history behind it. We haven't seen the elven race yet either but again Pantheon, World of Warcraft, or Elder Scrolls all have a good variety of elven options. I hope there's a good variety of skin colors and racial markers to break up the looks of the different races. I really like that Vek race it seems to have something special in its design. I just wish the other races were given the same attention." - Blitzaga86

Comments

• SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We don't have much in terms of specific Lore revealed. We don't have much in terms of Racial Lore revealed either. In fact, we haven't seen all of the Races yet...wait for NDA to lift and the game to be developed further.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • MIBMIB Member
    There doesn't seem to be many race options as most seem to be the typical stereotyped fantasy races so I hope the Tulnar have a large variety of customization. Game seems to lack a non human looking race and is playing it safe. Not saying there has to be furry races but something unique is definitely needed. Given the amount of water in the game I hope in the long run they include an aquatic race and specialized node development on water such as pirate outposts/islands.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Most of what we know of the different races and their lore comes from shop items tbh xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Blitzaga86Blitzaga86 Member
    edited August 2020
    They need dark elves or something at the very minimum in the creation options.
  • MIB wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be many race options as most seem to be the typical stereotyped fantasy races so I hope the Tulnar have a large variety of customization. Game seems to lack a non human looking race and is playing it safe. Not saying there has to be furry races but something unique is definitely needed. Given the amount of water in the game I hope in the long run they include an aquatic race and specialized node development on water such as pirate outposts/islands.

the Tulnar are in fact containing a large variety of customisation. if you check the wiki you will see that the Tulnar are a vast mix of all the races plus some weird lizard type if im not mistaken. Double check for yourself. Each character can retain different characteristics both visual and stats wise based on the slider positions you apply.