Titles, Ranks? End Game Content Idea's

HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I'm very happy to see that Steven likes to reward players for putting in the time, yes I know not everyone is able to work from home or have the ability to play for 12 hours.
That being said his phrase of "participation trophies" gives me a huge smile.

Now I'm not sure because I'm still pretty new to the group here, but end game has there been any incentives mentioned for PvP for personal gain, ie. Titles, Abilities or Ranks?

Again this is coming from Dark Age of Camelot , but as 1 of the best PvP games of all time, my experience was rank up to level 50 and then my friend and I got all excited to try out PvP.

So freshly 50 we strolled out into the realm looking for trouble, and well we found it, now we were Realm Rank nothing, Fighting a RR 5, he beat us into the ground rather quickly :( .

Now some people might say fuck that's OP, I said "Welp we got work to do!" So the point being that player had clearly more time into the game than I, and it showed and I do think it should be rewarded.

Now I know it's something that's hard to balance, but even some kind system when you get a kill do you get any honor points, if so is there a goal to grind to.

This concept has proven strong as the game still exists and it gives players another "Reason" to keep playing your game.
So I would like to know everyone else's thoughts on such systems from other games, Perhaps Lineage if they had one, seems I missed out on that 1. and any other viable system he is thinking about or you would like to see.

Being a High Realm Rank is DAoC was a status symbol, knowing that only a few people out of many can own flying mounts, I would like to see other ways players can seperate themselves.

Thank You for Reading.

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would really like there to be Titles.
    After collecting all of them in AION for a few years, and repeating it in all other games that I liked made me start to have tons of fun with titles.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Maybe Crimson Emperor if your guild with you as a guild leader manages to conquer and control all 5 castles and all 5 metropolis ?
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No. I don't think the PvX Game should have any experience gained from PvP except perhaps general experience such as killing an NPC. The reason for this is because PvP must be accessible by all, not just those who are traditional PvP Players. If there was a system to boost your PvP Experience with Ranks etc I do not think it should add any additional benefits beyond the passives we will be getting anyway.

There are also high ranked titles we can earn in game.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Neurath wrote: »
    No. I don't think the PvX Game should have any experience gained from PvP except perhaps general experience such as killing an NPC. The reason for this is because PvP must be accessible by all, not just those who are traditional PvP Players. If there was a system to boost your PvP Experience with Ranks etc I do not think it should add any additional benefits beyond the passives we will be getting anyway.

There are also high ranked titles we can earn in game.

I wasn't refering to Actual experience that can level you. This is a seperate expereince bar that you earn.

As far as PVE or just Crafting they also could add a similiar system the whatever you prefer, giving the titles diversity and ability to further customise your char.
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hmm. I do love customisation of characters. I do not know more specifics about titles, some will relate to PvP, some will relate to Social Side of things, there could be titles associated with Master Crafters (I've seen them in other games) and there could be PvE Related Titles.

What I don't want is the WoW Dynamic. People do not take other people seriously if they haven't raided certain places, haven't got high experience points in certain circumstance etc.

I don't mind elitism but I don't think we should request systems which can promote elitism. I'm against participation trophies but I'm all for participation.

It's a tricky topic really, because, I don't like to be excluded for any reasons, except reasons which I can remedy through actions. I would hate to have to grind experience or honour ranks just to be taken seriously through feedback.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Something that I would like to see would be Titles from extremely long and grueling questchains.
    My favourite title was from AION, where I had to talk with 20 NPC's on 5 different maps to collect money xD
    THAT SHOWED MY PATIENCE AND DEDICATION TO EVERYONE!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • I loved the idea of the old WoW pvp title.
    The one that only 1 player of each faction could get. The Number 1 PvPer.
    So when you saw the guy with the title entering you knew it meant business.
    Its a type of Prestige and honor that modern MMOs all have forsaken as casuals should be able to get everything.

Its really similar to Equipment
    A Legendary stops being a Legendary the moment more than a handful of people can get it.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
    maybe doesnt even have to be a title could be a cosmetic awesome looking cloak that really stands out you can put your guild emblem on.

I'm more PvP focused, but I definetly understand and would like to involve the other area's for titles and accomplishments. (Please no more quest chains) Unless it's like kill 10,100,500,1000 people done :)
  • MIBMIB Member
    Titles are nice for PvPrs and hardcore dungeon raiders but I'd like to see some Crafter recognition. HIgh end crafted equipment should have the crafter's name permanently affixed to it. This gives some prestige and also helps in advertisement when such things are in the auction house. In the case of legendary items the crafter should even be able to make unique names for weapons and armor.
    Or we could have special trophies for our houses that give respected title in a form of a buff for all crafters, pvp and pve players.