Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Server performance

I am excited for this game but the biggest concern I have is the servers and how they are to hold up in PvP. I’m not saying that they will be anywhere near what BDO has at launch Not saying launches are alway smooth, but I’m looking more to issues like ESO Has right now and BDO had in the 1st year(I no longer play) with the delay in abilities. I’m not talking ping or FPS recently in ESO the sieges have become turn based almost with a turn being up to 30 seconds all with 60+FPS and 130 ping. And when everyone is complaining about it across the map it’s pretty safe to say it’s a server issue. Now ESO is say it’s do to the AOE spam but we will see how bad their fix slows combat, something I’ll pass on here as the developer that listens will get the free info.

Comments

• Options
    Im far too lazy to check properly, although im sure it was discussed that brand new architecture was designed that was capable of handling such vast amounts of players. im fairly sure it was mentioned that during large scale pvp battles standard player visuals will be applied as to reduce the load on the servers. im sure somebody else could confirm this for me.
  • Options
    HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Just get servers from Amazon and it will be great, their Stress Test when the servers came up was really good IMO the throttled people coming in for a bit there was a 2 hour que but it went away fast and they slowly added servers. Now I'm sure this will have MANY more people than New World, but being cheap on servers can ruin a game "Giving you the Stink EYE GAMIGO"

On a side not maybe Amazon charges Steven double because his game is better :(
  • Options
    Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am excited for this game but the biggest concern I have is the servers and how they are to hold up in PvP. I’m not saying that they will be anywhere near what BDO has at launch Not saying launches are alway smooth, but I’m looking more to issues like ESO Has right now and BDO had in the 1st year(I no longer play) with the delay in abilities. I’m not talking ping or FPS recently in ESO the sieges have become turn based almost with a turn being up to 30 seconds all with 60+FPS and 130 ping. And when everyone is complaining about it across the map it’s pretty safe to say it’s a server issue. Now ESO is say it’s do to the AOE spam but we will see how bad their fix slows combat, something I’ll pass on here as the developer that listens will get the free info.

I am concerned about this too. Especially for EU players.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If the EU Servers are in Frankfurt, I'd have 33 to 35 Ping. I'd of course prefer servers in the UK (London) to get a ping of 20 to 22 Ping. Yet, I doubt IS will differentiate between UK and EU. I can accept the Frankfurt Ping...If its not London I do hope for Frankfurt as the alternative.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif