Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mount Training or Riding Training

I don't know about you guys/girls but in BDO some of the simple funny moments come from seeing people fail the Skill Training on there Horse and Randomly crash and burn. Or failing the game yourself and the first thing you do is look around to see if anyone witnessed your failure. Even had a guild member riding near a cliff he failed and fell off the cliff into the river down below was great lol.

It could be simple leveling it up bye time or distance. And requiring higher training for sidestep or quick stop and the roar animations. Now that I think of it would be pretty damn funny to see one of these new lords take off on a flying mount and crash and burn until they level up flying mounts as well. Would make that flying mount or the gliding mounts you mentioned a bit more meaningful. Oh also using the Roar/Horse rearing up in the air can toss an extra rider off your mount which also adds many amusing moments moments.

Just thought these might be neat ideas to add. The little things are what will give this game character.

Comments

• Options
    Deathadder wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys/girls but in BDO some of the simple funny moments come from seeing people fail the Skill Training on there Horse and Randomly crash and burn. Or failing the game yourself and the first thing you do is look around to see if anyone witnessed your failure. Even had a guild member riding near a cliff he failed and fell off the cliff into the river down below was great lol.

It could be simple leveling it up bye time or distance. And requiring higher training for sidestep or quick stop and the roar animations. Now that I think of it would be pretty damn funny to see one of these new lords take off on a flying mount and crash and burn until they level up flying mounts as well. Would make that flying mount or the gliding mounts you mentioned a bit more meaningful. Oh also using the Roar/Horse rearing up in the air can toss an extra rider off your mount which also adds many amusing moments moments.

Just thought these might be neat ideas to add. The little things are what will give this game character.

Indeed. It sounds pretty funny and neat. :D
    What would you think about these ideas, though?

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/45566/taming-system-mounts-and-housing-combined-hit-me-up-if-im-way-off-with-this#latest
  • Options
    Well the mounts are persistent in the world on BDO. They can also be killed then rezzed at a stable. With death count going against breeding chance. Or it use to till they changed that function. You also needed to replenish there health/stamina bars either with food or at a Stable.

That system was very rng heavy though when it came to what you got from breeding and lvling them up for t here skills. I would think the crafting part of breeding would be for Mount Gear not that other idea I would think. I also wouldn't like to go catch a beast and not be able to do the breeding myself so not sure how they will split that up Profession wise.
  • Options
    Deathadder wrote: »
    Well the mounts are persistent in the world on BDO. They can also be killed then rezzed at a stable. With death count going against breeding chance. Or it use to till they changed that function. You also needed to replenish there health/stamina bars either with food or at a Stable.

That system was very rng heavy though when it came to what you got from breeding and lvling them up for t here skills. I would think the crafting part of breeding would be for Mount Gear not that other idea I would think. I also wouldn't like to go catch a beast and not be able to do the breeding myself so not sure how they will split that up Profession wise.

You could do both. The thing is, you can only be master in one. That's the point. Artisanship Mastery is where the fun begins!