Game ideas

Good morning everyone i would like to share some of my ideas with you t osee if anyone would like this sort of interactions.

1: In the open Dungeons when a group enters the boss room and the boss is alive it gives a sound notification if someone is trying to beat it, ex: when some one enters the wyrmling room he roars so loud that you can hear it at the entrance of the dungeon but very softly;

2: On the Epic siege mount it had a skill that would give a stat debuff, like you can only use it one 1 time per siege and when you use it everyone that's attacking gets a 50% reduced attack for 1 min, so that the ones that are defending wait for the skill to counter;

3: When PvPing players are able to identify the skill the opponent is about to use and plan accordingly;

4: I don't know if it was talked about by the devs, but when there's a siege the defending side being able to flank the attackers and the attacker also being able to attack multiple sides of the town (saying this because we only have footage of front to front sieging);

5: customizable hud sort of like runescape 3 but not to that extend, more like making the inventory/skill panel/character panel larger or smaller;

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think a notification on screen would be enough to tell everyone on the boss room that another group entered.

WARNING: A WILD CHALLENGER APPEARED!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Damokles wrote: »
    I think a notification on screen would be enough to tell everyone on the boss room that another group entered.

i though about it to, but i feel like the wyrmling doing a roar that everyone in the dungeon can hear adds to the immersion
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Damokles wrote: »

i though about it to, but i feel like the wyrmling doing a roar that everyone in the dungeon can hear adds to the immersion

The thing is, even though it IS a cool idea, that the dragon roars all the time. It would have to be a really distinctive shreak, and for someone like me, who normally has all ingame sounds like animations and musik off during boss fights that could be really detrimental xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • i can see your point of view but the dragon wouldn't be roaring all the time only when the first group enters the room, and about the players that turn off the sound i think they could have an option to show or hide the notification and it would still play the sound
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    but what about multi boxing
    E6qgOoi.png
  • I think it would also be nice that if a team is doing the boss that you can't just run in and kill them. That way if you want control of the dungeon you have to defend the boss rooms, but not gank them while they are doing the boss. If they did that then a system from the op could really shine.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    I think it would also be nice that if a team is doing the boss that you can't just run in and kill them. That way if you want control of the dungeon you have to defend the boss rooms, but not gank them while they are doing the boss. If they did that then a system from the op could really shine.

i won't expect this at the beginning of the but the devs could make that everyone from different raid groups become instaflagged when they enter the last room before the boss (this one is unlikely to happen) or maybe they need to wait like 2/3 min depending on the dmg they want on the boss for the room where you teleport to be available to every group and its about a battle for the hold on the teleport room before the boss
  • How it is set up now dungeons are flagged zones. The problem I'm having is they are always flagged zones. There can at least be no interrupting boss fights.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • mrwaffles wrote: »
    but what about multi boxing

i dont think any of my ideas can be useful to people wanting more than 1 account,
  • Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    How it is set up now dungeons are flagged zones. The problem I'm having is they are always flagged zones. There can at least be no interrupting boss fights.

then i think the fight for the tp room is the best option and to get the right to go in you need to have certain requirements for example, having a certain % of the players on the room and if you have some classes that can negate the % and need to channel so that your group has a 2 min advantage like a scout, about the fighting there's no way you can make sure no one fights over the boss because the devs want them to fight over it.
  • It would be better for the game if they fought over who challenges the boss first over fighting them during the boss. It won't be possible to have meaningful bosses if they have to take into account having to design them around always being able to be ganked.

They also stated they don't want ganking in the game so this will be a pretty good way to demonstrate those ideals. As of now doing dungeons will not be possible if too many groups are online at the same time.

I don't mind fighting over the dungeon but there needs to be some rules about it because if there are none then no one is going to get anything done.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • then i think fighting over the TP room is the best course of action and add some little interactions with some classes.
    but doing that makes the loot system for raids useless, there is no way to actually fix it or making it less of stressful situation for the one that flagged without some playtest from players really trying to compete.

• AdlehydeAdlehyde Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1: In the open Dungeons when a group enters the boss room and the boss is alive it gives a sound notification if someone is trying to beat it, ex: when some one enters the wyrmling room he roars so loud that you can hear it at the entrance of the dungeon but very softly;

This feels unnecessary. Based on what we've seen, you should reasonably be able to see the boss before/as you enter the boss room, and so already know it's under attack. A sound notification seems to imply that the boss would not be visible, and so would be to inform the new party that entered that the boss is already under attack. Even if the boss were not visible, this type of audible indicator does not really feel necessary. You will know it is under attack when you see that it is under attack.
    2: On the Epic siege mount it had a skill that would give a stat debuff, like you can only use it one 1 time per siege and when you use it everyone that's attacking gets a 50% reduced attack for 1 min, so that the ones that are defending wait for the skill to counter;

This sounds horribly broken to give the defense an excessive advantage.
    3: When PvPing players are able to identify the skill the opponent is about to use and plan accordingly;

You should already be able to tell what skill they are about to use based on the animation due to experience. If you're advocating something like showing a cast bar for players, that does not sound very good at all though.
    4: I don't know if it was talked about by the devs, but when there's a siege the defending side being able to flank the attackers and the attacker also being able to attack multiple sides of the town (saying this because we only have footage of front to front sieging);

This should be possible I think. Pretty sure the videos are just to showcase castle sieges, not to demonstrate how they function.
    5: customizable hud sort of like runescape 3 but not to that extend, more like making the inventory/skill panel/character panel larger or smaller;

I believe they have said they intend for this to be the case.
  • This feels unnecessary. Based on what we've seen, you should reasonably be able to see the boss before/as you enter the boss room, and so already know it's under attack. A sound notification seems to imply that the boss would not be visible, and so would be to inform the new party that entered that the boss is already under attack. Even if the boss were not visible, this type of audible indicator does not really feel necessary. You will know it is under attack when you see that it is under attack.

what i meant by that is you hear the roar even at the entrance of the dungeon not the boss room you saw how big the dungeon is, if you just entered the dungeon and softly hear the roar and as i said before it's only when the first group enters the room like a warning to the group saying " you better gtfo" not every motion the wyrm does and if you enter the dungeon when the boss its at 50% he won't roar.

This sounds horribly broken to give the defense an excessive advantage.

it was an example of course it wouldn't be this powerful and i didn't say it but i guess should have said it seeing that the attackers also have the epic mount for attacking it would make sense for them to have something like that to but for attacking, of course the 50% reduce attack was broken but i only used it as a example on massive battlefields debuffs.
    You should already be able to tell what skill they are about to use based on the animation due to experience. If you're advocating something like showing a cast bar for players, that does not sound very good at all though.

i don't mean you being able to see a channel bar, what was trying to say is steven said every class has a secondary archetype, on the footage you can see him using the AoE fire attack when he cast it the character raises his hand but with a different secondary class he would slam his hand on the ground.

the rest of your response, it was a lack of my research so on that you are completely are correct.

this response may sound a little aggressive but its not my intention please don't take it that way.