Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

necromancer subclass, ideas, and thoughts on what it should be

edited August 2020 in General Discussion
of course, this is just my opinion and I will have my own lean towards certain things but I have been thinking a long time about what the necromancer rol should be in ashes I will admit I could be very wrong or maybe right on the money but none the less I wanted to put my thoughts out there and hear from other people and maybe spark some dissection.

so as a summoner and of course a necromancer it will have pets how many and what they do is up for debate but I think a good standard should be no less than one no more than 3 at a time. what I mean by at a time is that maybe you can have 3 skeletons that are easy to dispatch but they do good DPS together or you can have 2 zombies that have a bit more health but are festering and can cause debuffs and the last could be that you can have one hulking flesh construct which is basically a meat shield he is our tank taunts and takes agro lots of health, not a lotta damage.

then I wanted to talk about the spell typing and stay within kinda the live draining aspect, not like a leach life kind of drain and I think that large AOE DOT spells that can stack or synergies would work well with the necro meaning toxic gas necrotic flesh rot type stuff that while your minions fight the and do DPS the necromancer can target a lot of trash mobs and wich as the health ticks build-up, on them it makes sense to me more than a more single target combat flow they will be a more support class this way but not in the same way as a healer.

my thoughts are while other classes hit harder and want to watch things explode in a blaze of glory. the necromancer will be more than happy to watch as there next masterpiece rot the flesh.

and honestly, let's be real anyone who loves AOE DOT spell casters knows the joy of watching all the numbers tick on your screen its just a shame that no one ever sees them any more sometimes you might get 1 or 2 good spells in a caster I would like to see at least one good subclass for it and to clarify I am not opposed to the spells having leach life I just wanted to make a distinction apart from it.

anyway let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas on how the class should be played maybe you like my idea maybe you have a carry different look on it it would be cool to find out.