Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

New/Solo player questions.

I was curious about how AoC was going to handle so solo/low level situations.

1.) Caravans: How do you plan on getting lower level players involved in the Caravan system? Isn't there a foreseeable problem with max level players looking to swoop down on lower level caravans and just blowing them up?

2.) World Bosses: Is it going to be possible for a newer/solo player to be roaming around and see a world boss fight in progress then jump in and try to contribute or does the "most DPS" requirement render their contribution null?

3.) Large Guilds: Are there any plans to limit the amount of influence that these 300 person guilds can have around the world? I.e. Limiting the amount of "Mayor" positions they can fill?

Just ran into this project a few days ago, super excited. Best of luck to you and thanks!

Comments

• Options
    1) We do not know everything about the caravan system just yet. So we will have to wait and see.

2) We only know about the dps/tag loot rule for dungeon bosses. In order to gain loot from a dungeon boss, you have to either, tag and do 40% dmg, or not tag and do 60% dmg. I don't think this rule will be used for world bosses. So again, we have to wait and see.

3) A server is going to have around 50k players. So its highly unlikely that a single guild will be able to own multiple castles.
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    1) We do not know everything about the caravan system just yet. So we will have to wait and see.

2) We only know about the dps/tag loot rule for dungeon bosses. In order to gain loot from a dungeon boss, you have to either, tag and do 40% dmg, or not tag and do 60% dmg. I don't think this rule will be used for world bosses. So again, we have to wait and see.

3) A server is going to have around 50k players. So its highly unlikely that a single guild will be able to own multiple castles.

1.) Agreed, that's why i was asking the questions :) I feel like it's something that should be considered. Most players who opt-out of PvP usually do so because of some genuinely frustrating experiences at low levels, this could be one of them.

2.) I'll be interested to see what the developers say in the future.

3.) Accoridng to their site and the wiki as well, the server population is going to be 8-10k. Meaning an Alliance of 3 maxed out guilds could hold as much as 10% of the population, I think that's something to be concerned about.

Thanks.
  • Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited August 2020
    Wrennardx wrote: »
    CaptnChuck wrote: »

3.) Accoridng to their site and the wiki as well, the server population is going to be 8-10k. Meaning an Alliance of 3 maxed out guilds could hold as much as 10% of the population, I think that's something to be concerned about.

8~10k is the number or concurrent players, 50k is the total number of created characters servers are likely to have.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    Well, that'd be a minor issue then, even 3 maxed out guilds would be about 2% of the population.

Can you tell me where you're getting that number of 50k? I looked all through he wiki and tried to find any other info in interviews and the like but came up empty.
  • Options
    Wrennardx wrote: »
    Well, that'd be a minor issue then, even 3 maxed out guilds would be about 2% of the population.

Can you tell me where you're getting that number of 50k? I looked all through he wiki and tried to find any other info in interviews and the like but came up empty.

It's under the "Server Population" section of the wiki:

Server Population

Population limits will be enforced on each server.[1]

Around 8-10k concurrent users per server is projected.[2][3][4] This represents around 50,000 registered accounts per server.[5]
    The developers intend to carefully manage server populations to avoid the need to merge servers.[6] There may be queues to get into high population servers, but the aim is to avoid excessively long queues.[5]
    Part of the equation of essentially watching to make sure that we don't over populate the server selection, but at the same time making sure that there's not a queue system in place that's so long it's detrimental to the concurrency of the player's will to play so to speak. It's a tough balancing act.[5] – Steven Sharif

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Server_population
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    Literally in the next sentence... maybe I shouldn't look though the wiki at 3am :) Appreciated.
  • Options
    Hi there! It looks like our fellow community members already got you some helpful answers above; for the questions that are still outstanding that we haven't answered yet (such as your notes on caravans and world bosses), I would recommend bringing them to an upcoming AMA or live stream Q&A so our team can dive into them further!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything further we can assist you with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.