Any Shape-Shifting Features Coming To AoC?

AlmightyLycanAlmightyLycan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Would love to see some shape shifting abilites in AoC. Like I'd love to turn into a Werewolf.

Comments

• There are 64 classes in the game, with each class having 4 augments. I am sure one of them will be a shapeshifter.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They already said no to vampires and werewolf
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »

I can understand vampires, but werewolves as well? I like being a werewolf :(
  • If they really wanted to go in that direction maybe, like maybe the summoner ranger archetype can turn into a wolf or bear, but since the skills seem to be variations of skills from the base class, unless that base class as some kind of transformation ability, I doubt it. Summoner is really the only class I can see that happening with, and even then I don't think the summoner skill set really fits with that. However, there's no way to know for sure, there could always be a legendary item or something that gives you that ability, who knows.
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

Yeah I asked awhile back if you could turn in to liches, werewolf and vampires and they said it's not planned
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

Yeah I asked awhile back if you could turn in to liches, werewolf and vampires and they said it's not planned

Maybe it could be added as a race later on.

Maybe, but I would not hold my breath (if I had lungs that is)
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020

I bet you want an undead race. If you don't have any lungs, better get a pair, as you might wanna hold your breath too.
  • @CaptainChuck so this guy isn’t wanting AoC to copy wow druids for or ESO vamp or werewolf?? Hmm I see you practice selective saltiness.

I bet you want an undead race. If you don't have any lungs, better get a pair, as you might wanna hold your breath too.

Been trying for 3 years and every month is no
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• I wouldn't be opposed to it. Druid from Diablo 2 is one of the most popular classes in that game because he can shapeshift. However I can see them not having shapeshifting at all if they want to add a druid in a future content update or something.

Shapeshifting has always been a trait unique to druids.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Daedrik45 wrote: »
    @CaptainChuck so this guy isn’t wanting AoC to copy wow druids for or ESO vamp or werewolf?? Hmm I see you practice selective saltiness.

Huh? Werewolves and druids don't JUST belong to WoW. They are in so many supernatural stuff: movies, games, shows, books, you name it.

If i mentioned that I wanted werewolves JUST LIKE IN WOW, then your statement would be valid. But I didn't, so it goes through the window.
  • Maybe not racial xenomorphs or anything, but d&d style polymorphism would be cool as a class

Been trying for 3 years and every month is no

Feels bad man.