Combat/hitting sound effects

Hi guys,
In all videos you've posted I notice that the combat sound effects are very soft.
I mean it seems like the warrior is just swiping with the sword through the air without actually hitting the target (like in GW2)
I think that the most important thing in combat is to feeling of every hit especially critical hits not just the flying yellow numbers . (for example Lineage 2 had good combat sounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIj2g4gw59k )
Because when you farming gear for more power for more crit chance for greater look you want to see it actually works! You want to see it hits the enemy and every hit stuck in his armor with the deadly crit sound! *DIIING!!!* boom you're dead.
Because there is difference between level 1 sword and level 100 Greatsword if both of them feels the same in combat.

Is this something you are working on or have plans for?

Comments

• The combat hasn't even been fully fledged out yet
  • SepiDNSepiDN Member
    edited August 2020
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    The combat hasn't even been fully fledged out yet

But I think it's good to point out because numerous games have failed to do this.
    We had discussion with my friend about this recently and I agree totally on the topic. We need to hear the impact of the sword and skills. Really makes a big difference it the feel of the battle. Always thought Wows fights didn't pack enough punch in them.
  • SepiDN wrote: »

But I think it's good to point out because numerous games have failed to do this.
    We had discussion with my friend about this recently and I agree totally on the topic. We need to hear the impact of the sword and skills. Really makes a big difference it the feel of the battle. Always thought Wows fights didn't pack enough punch in them.

I don't think the sound of the combat system had any problems. What I had issues with was the combat itself. Some of the abilities showcased in the recent dev update had 2s cast times that rooted you in place. I dislike this but we have to wait for alpha 1 to come out to give feedback.
  • CaptnChuck wrote: »
    SepiDN wrote: »

I don't think the sound of the combat system had any problems. What I had issues with was the combat itself. Some of the abilities showcased in the recent dev update had 2s cast times that rooted you in place. I dislike this but we have to wait for alpha 1 to come out to give feedback.
    In current state of the game the problem is huge. The combat feels exactly the same as GW2. You’re not feeling that your character actually hits some thing only the animation of sword softly swiping through the air.
  • What do you think guys?