Male and Female creation/gear

I know one of the reasons a lot of players prefer play a female character is because there's more gear options (and usually the creation system too) and in the end, they got more outfit types and look better (objectively I mean).

Are we gonna have a 50/50 between male/female appearances and looks (or at least a 40% for males)?

Am I making sense?
And also, is this a thing or do the players even care about this?

In some MMOs for real I was kind of playing only female characters because male ones were awful and had poor gear (lookswise).

Have a nice wait until Ashes comes out and thank you.

Lero

Comments

• cellesiecellesie Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There are feminine and masculine designs for the armor, but I'm not sure on the variety differences? I think its going to be pretty even though, because AOC has made it pretty clear they're sticking to realistic armor designs, so no bikins or anything like that. Female characters will wear actual armor 😂

You can look through the different costumes concepts they have put out to get a feel for AOC's style.
  • True! (And thanks) I should check those concepts, but yeah, my concern was about bikins being top armor xD
  • I don't think there will be vast differences between male/female customization in AoC. I think a lot of people, myself included, prefer female characters because of the animations. In a lot of games the male animations and character creation options seem 'underdone' and not quite what I'm looking for (This is evident for me in a lot of the more recent MMOs too, especially those with a lot of eastern influence).

Can't I just make an fat, balding, grandpa orc with bushy eyebrows and a hobble?
  • True! I should check those concepts,
    Bearheart wrote: »
    I don't think there will be vast differences between male/female customization in AoC. I think a lot of people, myself included, prefer female characters because of the animations. In a lot of games the male animations and character creation options seem 'underdone' and not quite what I'm looking for (This is evident for me in a lot of the more recent MMOs too, especially those with a lot of eastern influence).

Can't I just make an fat, balding, grandpa orc with bushy eyebrows and a hobble?

That's another thing I would concern about. It would be nice to give the players the same amount of good reasons to play one gender or another (and whatever they do with Tulnar xD).