Feedback for Intrepid on animations...

I like the way characters strafe and have slight hand movements when they stop or restart moving.
I like the way character turning has been improved.
I like how character run and backtrack.
I like the swimming action and how smooth it looks.
I like the work put into flamboyant attacks just because they look less generic and dull than other MMOs.
I like the small ear, eye, head, and neck movements of animals as they stand idle.
I like the wing flapping animation on flying mounts and birds; they're great.
I like how plants and trees sway in the wind.
I like how horses and other mounts walk.
I like how all these things make the world feel more alive.

Basically, I like the work you're doing :)

Comments

• I'm not saying the game doesn't look good, but its not great. The animations, movement and graphics in general could look a lot better and it will by the time of release. So I can't wait.

What really bothers me though is the combat system, based on what was showcased in the recent dev update. I don't like having 2s cast time abilities that root you in place, especially not as a melee dps player. I hope they change it.
  • NelsonRebelNelsonRebel Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    I think if they allow moving WHILE casting the animations in combat will be better

closest example I guess would be eso combat, faster but less flashy animations
  • I think if they allow moving WHILE casting the animations in combat will be better

closest example I guess would be eso combat, faster but less flashy animations

They could also make it like a charge mechanic instead. So you can either insta-cast to deal less dmg, or charge it over 2 s, while moving, to deal more dmg and cc the target or something.
  • NelsonRebelNelsonRebel Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Ravudha wrote: »
    I like the way characters strafe and have slight hand movements when they stop or restart moving.
    I like the way character turning has been improved.
    I like how character run and backtrack.
    I like the swimming action and how smooth it looks.
    I like the work put into flamboyant attacks just because they look less generic and dull than other MMOs.
    I like the small ear, eye, head, and neck movements of animals as they stand idle.
    I like the wing flapping animation on flying mounts and birds; they're great.
    I like how plants and trees sway in the wind.
    I like how horses and other mounts walk.
    I like how all these things make the world feel more alive.

Basically, I like the work you're doing :)

Everything here yes I agree as well!

Had to catch up on several videos from the last time I was following and I continue to be impressed.

The first interactions I had were the very first battle royale rounds and I only got to see some of their initial designs and mechanics and the growth I almost didnt believe at first.

Really glad I invested in the kickstarter 3 years ago, as I think at this point its just a matter of them finishing the base game world and fine tuning the mechanics and archtype balances.