Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mob tagging system and potential for exploit

Correct me if I am wrong but as far as I understand the team who does the most damage get the looting rights. Also as far as I understand mobs don't scale to the number of people present.

So why not bring 80 people to 40 man boss? You will do more damage and kill it quicker. Is that not trivializing the content? Or is there same safe guards?

Yes the loot needs to be shared between 80 people now but if you are large guild, you can now permanently lock down the mob. Does this not favor large guilds over smaller ones?

I play Everquest 2 and it used to have contested raid mobs etc but the mob is locked to the first raid team who tags it. So you can't trivialize it by bring in more people.

Maybe I am missing a trick here but there might be some holes in the tagging system.

Comments

• Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Steven did mention that there would be mechanics to ensure that bosses won't be overwhelmed by a higher no. of players.
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    Steven did mention that there would be mechanics to ensure that bosses won't be overwhelmed by a higher no. of players.

Do you remember how they plan to counter that pls?
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    CaptnChuck wrote: »

Do you remember how they plan to counter that pls?

Nope, he never mentioned how. But i doubt it would be too difficult. You just need to add a scaling effect to bosses based on the no. of player clients around the boss.