Xmog as a profession skill.

SnakeyManSnakeyMan Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
I saw a poll on FB about transmogrification and like the idea of creating an aesthetic that is part of the character identity.

I thought that an interesting element to introduce to this perk would be to add it as a crafting skill. As an example ; if a plate wearer wanted to change the look of say ; a helmet or shoulder piece ; they would seek out an actual player with the armor smith profession, xmog skill.

The crafting skill "transmog" could be learned at a certain skill level within that profession.Leatherworkers xmog leather , cloth to cloth and so on.

I thought this would add more to the social
Aspect and also add to the importance of crafting skills.

Since (as I understand) items are not soul bound , they could be passed over to the craftsman with the item to be treated in order for the alteration to take place.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Wandering MistWandering Mist Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Crafters and crafting skills are already going to be important in Ashes. I don't think this is necessary at all.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This will most likely be done. The "Xmog" ability aside crafters are going to be for others more then just for one self. In more recent MMOs crafting is just something you have to pick up out of necessity. AOC will promote crafting as a profession to encourage people to gain notoriety through their creations. When crafted the creators name is now in the descritpion of the item. with the "Xmog" idea instead of "created by Waffles" it could say "Xmog'd by Waffles". Way to drum up business.

E6qgOoi.png
  • I don't think something cosmetic, like transmogs, should be dependent on crafting professions. That's just unnecessary hassle for no real gain.
  • SnakeyManSnakeyMan Member
    edited August 2020
    I was thinking the idea would be to interact with players instead of an NPC. That player with the profession could benefit from having that skill was all. Maybe something not everyone had. Like other enhancements.

I suspect this would apply to high end players who have established somewhat themselves. Are no longer burning through gear leveling gear , are looking for some level of exclusively to distinguish themselves from others. Therefore ; high end crafters would have the skill.