suggestion: War Machines?

I participated at one point in a nations minecraft server. Many of you know that in Minecraft there is something called redstone which is a very complicated substitute of an electric circuit in which you can make very small machines and very massive walking houses. The server was small and could not support a redstone circuit this massive, but I have always thought of making some GIANT war machine for use. something that can bust through massive thicc walls or throw explosives, arrows, and potions at enemies. HOWEVER, finding someone who could even make something that can MOVE was a miracle, let alone arm it with actually useful war weapons.

The thought was that in Minecraft, you get a lot of freedom ( it IS a sandbox anyways ) but it was also INCREDIBLY complex to make one from scratch. The materials however were EXTREMELY easy to get and were more than worth the price ( if you had the skill to make that behemoth of a machine IF it was possible )

however, I heard that you COULD build a ship in this game. it is a massively difficult thing to be a team and get the many components but the ship will be automatically built without the extensive knowledge of a redstone master ( seriously the best ones are legitimate robotics engineers )

despite the fact that this game is far away from making a car, i do think it would be great if you could make a massive land machine with many resources it would elevate this game to new heights.

even BETTER, instead of having select models of building provided by the game, what if you could just make a machine with parts from your free will. ( Eg: you want the vehicle to be capable of housing troops? you can get certain pieces! you want it to be harder? you can get pieces from substance X that make it much sturdier! ) if i had a proposition on the way it works ( even though idk the game enough to confirm if there will be war machines at all ) it would be like this:

-there is a person who has the skill to make a ship. he has levels for his skill. ( say from 1-200 for example )

-at lvl 10, you can get a blueprint or two from the game for small canoes for scouting

-at lvl 20, you get better blueprints of better canoes.

-at lvl 30, you get access to combining and making the pieces you have to make a special scouting canoe for specific needs. of course you will have a set type of items to how much you can add so that it does not become a 50-meter "canoe" with large ship parts, or have 4000 magic artillery cannons even though it can barely house 5 people. it will be like stats basically, like the C.A.T.S mobile game if you ever played it. the items have stats and energy costs. you get a set amount of energy to spend but you can place ANY piece ( you also MUST place the important parts like the hull for instance ). the custom ones arent necessarily more powerful but they will get stronger since the energy limit will increase since you're so skilled and all. it will remain small but it can house end-game items from rare metals.'

-at 40, maybe you get access to bigger ships. the cycle continues like the canoe until you reach lvl 60.

-at 70, you get access to small land vehicles ( obviously since its way more advanced than the ships ) and lage ship blueprints. this goes on till lvl 100

-at lvl 100, you get access to the massive vehicles and get like 3 blueprints.

after this point, the limit of energy you can spend increases the more you level, as well as minor size increases to avoid the "that juggernaut is a teeny tiny baby canoe IRL by definition"

THE POINT IS, that at some point, you will need SEVERAL people of high skill to make some massive monstrocity. This can be balanced to avoid the large gap between nations' powers by making it easier to make them and by reducing their power.

IK this is an EXTREMELY far fetched idea especially since you need steampunk at LEAST to make them ( like goblins in WoW ) but wouldn't it be cool for a nation to have a fabled "arch-juggernaut" or a "The dreadnought" which has whirling blades and has cannons and is feared by several nations? that would be absolutely SICK!

Comments

• CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Steven has said that there won't be any gunpowder weapons in the game.

This might be subject to change as the in game timeline progresses.
  • Madkiller555Madkiller555 Member
    edited August 2020
    to clarify the system of making machines that was made by me ( the way i explained was badly structured since i dont speak english as my main language ) , basically at early levels you get blueprints from the game and you get the items to make them. items are things like an arrow shooter, iron plates, or sails that have stats that increase the power of the vehicle. ( increase health, armor, etc.. ). when you get the "free build" thing later on, you get two limitations: 1) energy and 2) type of items and 3) size ( they are ALWAYS present but the blueprints are always right with them so you dont worry about them ).

all items have an "energy consumed" stat and you must make your machine without exceeding the amount of consumed energy.

type of items is basically that, for example you gathered 20 metal and made the hull of a massive ship for example. you cannot use it to make a tiny canoe.

size is also to prevent making a canoe with 1000 cannons at late levels because its a tiny canoe.

as you become better with your building skill, your energy consumed and size increase accordingly to make the structures relevant in the late game!

edit: oh, no gunpowder? well that certainly makes this idea farther away but maybe you still can make some form of smaller land vehicle with...magic? I still believe this idea is too good to pass up because it gives a nation more purpose and ambition.
  • CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    to clarify the system of making machines that was made by me ( the way i explained was badly structured since i dont speak english as my main language ) , basically at early levels you get blueprints from the game and you get the items to make them. items are things like an arrow shooter, iron plates, or sails that have stats that increase the power of the vehicle. ( increase health, armor, etc.. ). when you get the "free build" thing later on, you get two limitations: 1) energy and 2) type of items and 3) size ( they are ALWAYS present but the blueprints are always right with them so you dont worry about them ).

all items have an "energy consumed" stat and you must make your machine without exceeding the amount of consumed energy.

type of items is basically that, for example you gathered 20 metal and made the hull of a massive ship for example. you cannot use it to make a tiny canoe.

size is also to prevent making a canoe with 1000 cannons at late levels because its a tiny canoe.

as you become better with your building skill, your energy consumed and size increase accordingly to make the structures relevant in the late game!

edit: oh, no gunpowder? well that certainly makes this idea farther away but maybe you still can make some form of smaller land vehicle with...magic? I still believe this idea is too good to pass up because it gives a nation more purpose and ambition.

Its certainly not impossible. They can always add more war machines later on.

As for ships, you get blueprints for each ship. Only the high level crafters will be able to craft the largest of ships.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So far, the closest you are getting are siege weapons you can drive.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Siege_weapons
  • Oh! so there ARE siege weapons. that is actually incredibly cool! and its a nice start since they may add more in the future :D