Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Im too exited about this game and don't see how can I wait 2 more years.

This is a big problem, Im thinking about this game all day and I can't find another game that satisfy me. Im going crazy.

Comments

• Options
    You could always just buy the alpha 2.

Alpha 1 access might open again if the servers are able to handle it. So who knows, you might get lucky.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh, my sweet summer child, you have no idea about waiting for ashes
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    JubilumJubilum Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Marcet wrote: »
    This is a big problem, Im thinking about this game all day and I can't find another game that satisfy me. Im going crazy.

You think you have it bad. I'm so old, I may die before launch day, I've started eating better and taking walks around the block to increase my chances of making it.
  • Options
    jubilum wrote: »
    You think you have it bad. I'm so old, I may die before launch day, I've started eating better and taking walks around the block to increase my chances of making it.

The next generation will eat the fruits that you worked for, soldier.
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

Yea learn from this guy. He's been here for 3 years now.
  • Options

Go watch Boston Legal, Lie to me, The Boys, Rome, Penny Dreadful, The Office, Anohana, Clannad, Ef a tale of memories and melodies, Code Geass, Steins Gate, Sword of The Stranger - and read Name of the wind, play some Pillars of Eternity, Baldur's Gate 2, and Tyranny, if you do all that, or have done it - I could come up with some lower tier suggestions. Or with specific genres in mind, custom tailor a list lol, but just saying ;) Sadly I can't suggest any current mmorpgs, the "go to" is currently garbage(WoW), and perhaps shadowlands will be passable, but meh. Could also recommend a few hundred hours of podcasts on youtube.

I have a low time requirement job, so I've had to become a grand master of filling time with entertainment, so I can almost always find something to do/watch/read, etc. There are more games now than ever, it tends just to be a matter of finding them. That which has the greatest chance of holding long term interest though and passing the most time is for me at least(multiplayer competitive games), I have about 3000 hours in PUBG, although I would say they ruined it beyond playability now with some of the most recent changes, so I have discarded that - and another 2400 hours in CS:Source, 700 or so in Global Offensive, trying to intermittently passing the time with MTG Arena, Team fight tactics, I empathize but yeah, gotta just find some stuff, and start tackling it - and as you do that - time will pass(faster than one might hope), it's such a finite thing.

Good luck!
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »

Yea learn from this guy. He's been here for 3 years now.

What a legend.

• Options
    Adaon wrote: »
    Go watch Boston Legal, Lie to me, The Boys, Rome, Penny Dreadful, The Office, Anohana, Clannad, Ef a tale of memories and melodies, Code Geass, Steins Gate, Sword of The Stranger - and read Name of the wind, play some Pillars of Eternity, Baldur's Gate 2, and Tyranny, if you do all that, or have done it - I could come up with some lower tier suggestions. Or with specific genres in mind, custom tailor a list lol, but just saying ;) Sadly I can't suggest any current mmorpgs, the "go to" is currently garbage(WoW), and perhaps shadowlands will be passable, but meh. Could also recommend a few hundred hours of podcasts on youtube.

Good luck!

Im tired of league, I think its time for some Badurs Gate 2 action.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

How many centuries have you been waiting? Just passing time trying to take over the world while waiting must be so tedious.
  • Options

I didn't know I was waiting for ashes, specifically, but I was waiting for this vision.
  • Options
    DrekDrek Member
    Based on the footage released so far, and what they plan to implement....

2 years ?!? That's wishful thinking.

It's more likely 3 years before it's polished enough and launched than 2, count 4 years if they struggle on certain aspects or are unlucky enough to find themselves with a major setback.

Especially since Mr Sharif said himself he knows that MMO's only get one chance at launch i expect them to delay it as long as necessary.

There's singleplayer games with less ambitious goals (and often much larger teams) that have longer development cycles then what AoC would have in 2 years (+current 3).

Heck this game wants to launch with 8 archetypes for a total of 64 classes, just implementing the spells, passives, all different animations and effect ect and balancing it all is a humongous task that is being underestimated.

And that's not even including other combat aspects like aggro management and stealth (+detection) systems that will probably keep having to get adjusted until their PvE encounters are finished.

So get settled in, we all still got a very long time to go before we can dive in.

Look we're august 2020, in 5 months it's 2021... i think with some steady progress it's going to fall at the cusp of Q1 to Q2 2023 launch.

BUT I HOPE I'M WRONG.
  • Options
    Just think about how these two (maybe 3) years of waiting and excitement will give you endless enthusiasm to go through life. Years of dreams of the character you have, and of the wondrous land that is Ashes...
  • Options
    HansrutgerHansrutger Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd rather wait to see a good to perfect launch than to see another game being stress tested on launch.
  • Options
    LeroherLeroher Member
    edited August 2020

I'm exaaactly at the same point, since TheLazyPeon's vid I watched more than 12 hours of streams and vids about the game and don't even mention looking through wiki and forums xD.

(Sadly, I can't afford buying the Alpha 2 box)
  • Options
    I got the opposite problem. Am I going to complete my backlog before release. Well as long as I finish Danganronpa I'm happy. xD Though I do wish it was out already.

Hype burnout is a real thing, but I don't think it's going to happen to this game if they deliver on a fair amount of their promises.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Leroher wrote: »

I'm exaaactly at the same point, since TheLazyPeon's vid I watched more than 12 hours of streams and vids about the game and don't even mention looking through wiki and forums xD.

(Sadly, I can't afford buying the Alpha 2 box)

Lol I'm the same as you. I will gladly show my support through the years for this game, even if it is years. For me I just play Overwatch, something to increase my mechanical skill in the years to come.
  • Options
    Quick someone whip up a D&D campaign in the AoC universe before we all die of extreme anticipation
  • Options
    Yoooo definitely, you're a genius.
  • Options
    Imagine a DnD campaign where there are nodes... *shivers in excitement*
  • Options
    XenantayaXenantaya Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I really hope it's just 2 more years. Looking at the Alphas and Betas they need to do, downtime between each, and possible additional time on Castle Siege and Horde modes in APOC, one could easily put together a reasonable-looking schedule where AOC doesn't launch until 2023 even if everything goes right.

I'm trying to see if my now-6 year old computer can hold out for a few more years, so I can buy a new computer right before Ashes launch. I bought my current computer right before Wildstar to play that game, and we all know how well that turned out ...
  • Options
    Drek wrote: »
    Based on the footage released so far, and what they plan to implement....

2 years ?!? That's wishful thinking.

It's more likely 3 years before it's polished enough and launched than 2, count 4 years if they struggle on certain aspects or are unlucky enough to find themselves with a major setback.

Especially since Mr Sharif said himself he knows that MMO's only get one chance at launch i expect them to delay it as long as necessary.

There's singleplayer games with less ambitious goals (and often much larger teams) that have longer development cycles then what AoC would have in 2 years (+current 3).

Heck this game wants to launch with 8 archetypes for a total of 64 classes, just implementing the spells, passives, all different animations and effect ect and balancing it all is a humongous task that is being underestimated.

And that's not even including other combat aspects like aggro management and stealth (+detection) systems that will probably keep having to get adjusted until their PvE encounters are finished.

So get settled in, we all still got a very long time to go before we can dive in.

Look we're august 2020, in 5 months it's 2021... i think with some steady progress it's going to fall at the cusp of Q1 to Q2 2023 launch.

BUT I HOPE I'M WRONG.

thanks, I was wondering when the game might come out and knew 2 years was hopeful
  • Options
    I've been waiting 3 years. I'm going through whole life phases. Finished high school, started studying, will be finished studying by the time it releases, heck maybe even have worked long enough to have the money to live with my girlfriend on our own. All good though, really looking forward to a great release of Ashes.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • Options
    nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter

I know the feeling, and I've been here since the kickstarter. I took a break until the Peon and Asmongold explosion. Now all I can think about at work is Ashes.

It's healthy...

...really B)
  • Options
    nykznykz Member
    Just thing about how the game is getting better and better every day you're waiting.
    I'm so excited for this game I cant even tell you but at the same time I don't want this game to come out before 2023 because I want it to be as perfect as it could be!

Also this if you can effort it, helps you with the waiting problem and supports the game at the same time.
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    You could always just buy the alpha 2.

Alpha 1 access might open again if the servers are able to handle it. So who knows, you might get lucky.

• Options
    I smell an old-school Asheron's Call player.
    jubilum wrote: »

• Options
    It's like the marshmallow test, but for adults.
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • Options

Yes. That's a problem. Find satisfaction in something worthy of your admiration. 'Games ain't it.'
    "Don't be hasty."
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

You and me both brother. I got alpha 2, and have set aside money for alpha 1 should it become available again.

I just don't see anything else in the future I want to play. It's like every system in this game is a system I have been asking for for years, and every other game is "Streamlining" the game into the ground.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    The disappointment will be huge

I'm preparing for the "remember when everyone were hyped about aoc?" memes

It's easier to think the game would flop rather then live in endless expectation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Pl1xPl1x Member
    I am struggling too....

Playing wow classic now, just to see content i missed back in the days, but it doesn't really satisfy me that much after i found AoC.

Trying to be optimistic and think we might get it at the end of next year, since it already looks better than many MMOs did at launch.
    Keep in mind i said optimistic, not necessarrily realistic :expressionless: