Question about breeding

It may be a bit early to ask this kind of question, but will a profession of animal husbandry require personal land, inventory space, or node in order to breed pets, mounts, other things? Do you need to be a citizen, a guild member, or just roam free and as you tame something it either follows you or you wind up magically collecting it into inventory. I am trying to figure out what is needed in order to kick this profession off. Its a gathering skill is all I got so far. Trying to figure out whats needed to progress it. Thank you ahead of time for you help.

Comments

• Good question.
  • I know the Freehold has an upgrade able Stable which is required for breeding mounts, but haven't heard about small critters.
    I don't know this, but it seems that animal husbandry will be an exclusively late game/costly profession.
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • KohlKohl Member
    Im more interested in whether the newly breeded mounts be procedurally generated monsters or they'll actually make a model for each combination.
  • NaxxazNaxxaz Member
    edited August 2020
    Kohl wrote: »
    Im more interested in whether the newly breeded mounts be procedurally generated monsters or they'll actually make a model for each combination.

They seem to be pre-made variations.
    Dawnbreaker_progression.jpg

Edit:
    Steven has previously said "..into the unlimited possibilities that await those skilled in the arts of husbandry", so do keep this in mind for what it's worth.
    I think appearance will stay relative the same with a couple pre-made variations, and it's the stats and features of the creature that are refered to as "unlimited".
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • Snow Fall wrote: »
    will a profession of animal husbandry require personal land, inventory space, or node in order to breed pets, mounts, other things?

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Stables

It will require access to a stable, either through a node or a freehold, which can be shared.
    Snow Fall wrote: »
    Do you need to be a citizen, a guild member, or just roam free

If you don't end up with a freehold of your own, it may depend on who you know or who you throw your lot in with. Likely it will be easier to get Animal Husbandry off the ground with a group of people.
    as you tame something it either follows you or you wind up magically collecting it into inventory.

Unsure at this point. Based on what Steven says at the 33m mark in this video, it looks like it'll be inventory based. https://youtu.be/EAG9mS0U4NQ
    Its a gathering skill is all I got so far.

Taming and Animal Husbandry are two separate things. Taming is a gathering profession, and Animal Husbandry is a processing profession. How they may interact, and how Taming scales as you level will be very interesting as more information is released.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Animal_husbandry
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Taming

• KohlKohl Member
    edited August 2020
    Naxxaz wrote: »
    Kohl wrote: »

They seem to be pre-made variations.
    Dawnbreaker_progression.jpg

Edit:
    Steven has previously said "..into the unlimited possibilities that await those skilled in the arts of husbandry", so do keep this in mind for what it's worth.
    I think appearance will stay relative the same with a couple pre-made variations, and it's the stats and features of the creature that are refered to as "unlimited".

And I think that's perfectly fine! I'd take manually created models over automatically generated ones any time. I don't need a wolf with chicken legs.
    They can play with the stats however they want. That in on itself is perfect.

TY for the info.