Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Visible Jewelry?

Hey everyone!

I dug through the wiki and I havent found the answer to this, but does anyone know if the jewelry in the game will be displayed on the character? like if I craft an epic ring or necklace and equip it, will that item be visible? or will it be hidden like on most MMOs.

i am sure it isnt so simple as showing an item since devs have to actually make the item, apply physics to it (necklaces or dangly earrings) and also it may cause clipping issues on armor. I just always thought it would be awesome to be able to have this feature so my Rogue can have a Potara earring lol.

Comments

• Options
    I can't think of another MMO that does this outright. I would go out of the way to assume because it takes up art asset time that could better be used elsewhere.

I really like the idea of having jewelry visible if you craft a special legendary item, or perhaps down the line add jewelry appearances you can collect in the world. All I know is that I would look ridiculous in jewelry.

kdrf3krypm6wk5hbhzme.jpg
  • Options
    Given there are cosmetic purchases that are just jewelry, it’s safe to answer your question with a “Yes, absolutely”

Will they be gleaming and blinding in their radiance to everyone within ten kilometers? No, probably not, but you’ll be able to see them on your characters.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If we have jewelry that is awesome, but I would like to be able to hide them. In FFXIV a game with a lot of jewelry, I find that none of the jewelry ever seems to really fit with the look I am going for. The game does not let you hide it outright, but there is a invisible cosmetic option for every slot except the weapon slot.

To my surprise in that game you don't see a TON of people running around in underwear even though it is a trifle to do so.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.