Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Concerning Hitboxes, HS modifier and Action Combat.

LfmrLfmr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
On the wiki it claims that there will be headshot damage modifiers, this got me thinking about some pretty glaring issues when it comes down to hitboxes and the action combat system. Specifically, the largest offender for this problem are Dwarves, they are much smaller then the other races, and their heads are also much lower to the ground, they will be able to take cover much easier, and also be much harder to hit, simply because there is much less of them to shoot / smack.

For some of you old school gamers, Dwarves are essentially Oddjob from Goldeneye 64.

Not exactly sure how to balance this.. you could make all of the characters have the same hitbox, only then really tall and really short characters would have deceptive hitboxes, also you'd have to place the headshot hitbox where the characters actual head is as well, and even then, having your head hitbox lower is great for taking cover.

Other games have made bigger characters take less damage, and smaller characters take more, but then it'd specifically have to only be for action combat, and I don't think that's a great solution since Dwarves are supposed to be stout.

Really like the concept of headshot damage modifiers, but damn it creates a lot of problems. I don't have any great solutions, but it's something to think about.

I would really love it if you were not too pressured into playing one race because it's better in PvP situations like that. I know people will play what race appeals to them most regardless, I certainly know a lot of people will play what is meta or gives them the best advantages.

Comments

• Options
    Yes they are aware of this. The solution was getting rid of headshots for the MMORPG altogether. I assume hitboxes will be larger in the MMORPG than it was in APOC which required really precise aiming.
    signature.png
  • Options
    @Lfmr

They said headshot mechanics will be implemented BASED on testing. If it creates too many problems, they will remove it all together.

• Options
    LeiloniLeiloni Member
    edited August 2020
    Magic Man wrote: »
    Yes they are aware of this. The solution was getting rid of headshots for the MMORPG altogether. I assume hitboxes will be larger in the MMORPG than it was in APOC which required really precise aiming.

I remember reading/hearing somewhere as well that they had decided not to do headshots but the wiki hasn't been updated so people keep getting the wrong impression.
  • Options
    LfmrLfmr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would love for there to be headshot mechanics, it sounds amazing! I play a lot of shooter games and headshot mechanics would add another layer of skill and allow players to stand out. Would also help ambush classes get an extra bit of damage too! I just hope there's a way to make it fair for people with bigger characters!