Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Arenas

SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I hope Arenas will be similar to Lost Ark and have NPC Audiences which cheer and get excited. Such a method adds a lot of immersion.

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't mind blander Arenas (I Arena to PvP) but so far my favourite Arena Fights have been in Lost Ark (Not because of the combat but because of the atmosphere).

I can't wait to check out the arenas in Ashes.
2a3b8ichz0pd.gif

Comments

• Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    That would be nice, especially if players can join the ranks to cheer and smacktalk the pvpers.
  • Options
    This feature would be great as part of the Gladitorial Metropolis.
  • Options
    @consultant I'm definitely a fan of the military node mayoral battle having the citizens be able to spectate the arena fights, lock them into seats with the ability cheer and emote, hold banners with their candidates emblem that kind of stuff, but nothing to influence the battle itself.
  • Options
    LfmrLfmr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Now add illegal betting into that mix as well.
  • Options
    The more realism and immersion the better 💪🏼
  • Options
    Lfmr wrote: »

Betting on the outcome of Arena duels would be a great feature.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lfmr wrote: »

10 soul gems that red team wins
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    nykznykz Member
    I just hope 3v3 arena will have as much depth as WoW arena has.
    Personally I'd prefer the competitive aspect above the immersion/visual by far but I'm not gonna lie that picture looks amazing.
  • Options
    nykz wrote: »
    I just hope 3v3 arena will have as much depth as WoW arena has.
    Personally I'd prefer the competitive aspect above the immersion/visual by far but I'm not gonna lie that picture looks amazing.

Well most of the depth from WoW did not come form actuall arenas but knowing when and how to use a large number of abilities. Plus WoW classes are well designed but got pruned not so much of the depth from the actual arena design. In Ashes of Creation we are going to have lots of builds and we are also going to have skiill shots plus Archetyps add a certain depth to it as well. So arenas will be pretty good and hope that devs have little more intersting arena design thant WoW like a box and 3 pillars and a box with 4 pillars
  • Options
    Having a full NPC crowd cheering in an arena would be pretty cool