Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion

LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
I just had this idea that I think would be a win-win for the game.

What if they gave us a specific NPC that was only available like on lvl 5 or 6 nodes, that sold you a Token or something with 30 days sub, for a specific currency or points system that you could only obtain by getting points in:

-participating in arenas
-dungeons or raid rewards
-contributing with XP for your node

And many other activities can be used, either of those would not be easy to get and take you at least 3 weeks to farm, I think that would be a good addition for the broke boys and would get players engaged with the game every month.
img]
Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui

Comments

• Options
    Just wait for the pay2win cries of outrage to come. Activities in game should never equal real world money.

My subscription becomes pay2win then, I can pay for my sub and free up myself to do other more productive activities than the "poor boys" who are farming subscriptions.

Also would lower revenues for the company. Trust me, we all WANT Intrepid to make a TON of money. Higher income will enable them to continue development and improve the game and create new content. I love the subscription model, it becomes a true "they make good content, I stay engaged and keep paying/playing", keeps them motivated to sustain an awesome pipeline of development.

Yes there will be some people who can't afford it, but my advice? Go mow a few lawns to pay for the subscription. I'd also be surprised how many people who can afford a gaming rig and internet connect to play the game won't be able to pay a monthly sub. (and how many of them have cellphones worth $500+)
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    There is already a way for people to reduce the amount they pay for the subscription and can even get to play for free.
    The referral Program allows this by having enough referrals to cover their subscription cost. Which if none of your referrals have referred people it only takes 7 to play for free.
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    screwtape wrote: »
    Just wait for the pay2win cries of outrage to come. Activities in game should never equal real world money.

My subscription becomes pay2win then, I can pay for my sub and free up myself to do other more productive activities than the "poor boys" who are farming subscriptions.

Also would lower revenues for the company. Trust me, we all WANT Intrepid to make a TON of money. Higher income will enable them to continue development and improve the game and create new content. I love the subscription model, it becomes a true "they make good content, I stay engaged and keep paying/playing", keeps them motivated to sustain an awesome pipeline of development.

Yes there will be some people who can't afford it, but my advice? Go mow a few lawns to pay for the subscription. I'd also be surprised how many people who can afford a gaming rig and internet connect to play the game won't be able to pay a monthly sub. (and how many of them have cellphones worth $500+)

thats a good point, well, I tried, no free sub for the broke bois :D
    img]
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    If you have the gaming rig that is needed to play this game you also have the money to pay the fee.
    Your suggestion is not something new and led to many bad dynamics such as p2w in other games.
    This company has to make money to not fail, the financial interests of intrepid should be your interest if you want to play a good game, with proper service,content and expansions.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2020
    Intrepid aren't a massively established studio with millions of dollars of income, even though the game is "fully funded", they still need to make money with the game to keep it going. Stevens pockets aren't infinite.

Honestly, if people can't afford $15 (50 cents a day, can literally go outside, look around the ground for a few minutes and find that amount) a month, they probably have bigger concerns than playing a game.

Anyway, they've already given people a way to basically play for free. Refer 7 people to the game who all pay the sub fee and you can play for free.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    This is like the same discussion where people say they should sell subscriptions to players directly for in-game gold.

Intrepid can't pay their bills with in-game gold.

If you are a "broke boi" then you should be working on your own personal life, shoring up your personal finances and working securing your future.

It's also ironic that people who will have a high speed internet connection and a computer strong enough to run Ashes of Creation, will say they struggle to pay the monthly subscription. Something doesn't add up there.

Intrepid is already helping out some countries by doing regional locked servers with a regional adjustment for pricing.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah, this is like crying poverty because you can’t afford to pay for the insurance on your brand new high-end sports car.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    screwtape wrote: »

I agree with most of your points but the OPs idea isnt really pay2win as they arent recommending players get any in game items that give an advantage..it is more so just grinding for an item/in game currency that gives you more play time and if it is earned through playing the game then it is just the opposite of pay2win.

like i said i agree with your points, i just know what it is like to be unable to afford to play games that you have an interest in.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You are literally asking for the game to go free to play. Hell no. Your idea will kill everything that this game is about. You’re being ridiculous.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    SangramoireSangramoire Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Liniker wrote: »
    I just had this idea that I think would be a win-win for the game.

What if they gave us a specific NPC that was only available like on lvl 5 or 6 nodes, that sold you a Token or something with 30 days sub, for a specific currency or points system that you could only obtain by getting points in:

-participating in arenas
    -dungeons or raid rewards
    -contributing with XP for your node

And many other activities can be used, either of those would not be easy to get and take you at least 3 weeks to farm, I think that would be a good addition for the broke boys and would get players engaged with the game every month.

I disagree with this as their monetization will come from subscriptions and not just the cash shop. I wouldn't want them to be forced to add items to the cash shop that would basically be required to buy in order to stay relevant in the game. Also I would prefer if they didn't over saturate the cash shop with cosmetics either as I think saving the best cosmetics designs for actual in game drops would be a much better idea as it would add something to do for those that fully max out their account and combat gear. It would give them something to do in the late game to show off their status or whatever.
  • Options
    Jahlon wrote: »
    This is like the same discussion where people say they should sell subscriptions to players directly for in-game gold.

Intrepid can't pay their bills with in-game gold.

If you are a "broke boi" then you should be working on your own personal life, shoring up your personal finances and working securing your future.

It's also ironic that people who will have a high speed internet connection and a computer strong enough to run Ashes of Creation, will say they struggle to pay the monthly subscription. Something doesn't add up there.

Intrepid is already helping out some countries by doing regional locked servers with a regional adjustment for pricing.

I appreciate all the replies, I can't find any option to close the thread but I have changed my mind on this topic, Intrepid definitely can't keep the game running with gold lol

My suggestion was intended for people that won't be able to afford the 15$ and will not play nor contribute in any way for the community due to that - so they would also have a chance to play and make the game player base increase, not for everyone else like myself who is able and wishes to support the game - I didn't take into consideration that most people that can pay the sub, will just stop paying the sub fee as well lol

img]