How will loot work?

Is this going to be a randomized min-max type system or a traditional simpler system, or something else?

Examples of what i mean below

Example of min-max: a sword can spawn with x number of random effects that have a range of 1-10 or 1%-50% etc

Example of simpler system: longsword spawns with +1 attack, the rarer it is the higher the number

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Good question, I dont think that we already know the answere at the current moment, because such things change all the time.

We do know that standard items will be rare to spawn from creatures, because they will rather drop materials etc.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Fair enough. Im hoping for a min max type system personally, even if its only through crafting.

I played UO forever and i really enjoyed that system. It made both the crafting and pve farming more enjoyable to me.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is full speculation so take it with a grain of salt.
    I get the feeling that loot is not going to be the correct word. Like in old-school Lineage 2, loot did not really drop. I mean it could, but you were not expected to count on it. What was expected was to engage in the economy/crafting system. Nearly everything in the game was crafted by players.

My big piece of evidence is when Steven did the interview with Asmongold. He explained that an epic raid boss could drop a full weapon maybe, but would for sure drop the mats for such a weapon. This is exactly like lineage 2. The wiki also refers to gear from religions as "Side grades" that are not needed, but will be useful. This tells me that the gear is most likely going to closely mirror lineage 2.

In lineage 2 the gear had static base stats that could be modified with enchants and augmentations. This is what I am expecting. So a "Iron Short Sword" might away's be the same base item. I have not seen anything yet stating that crafting can yield better or worst versions of the same item from the same recipe.

I am not expecting the system to be identical, but all of the wording in all of the interviews I have seen sound like Steven is describing L2. If you have not played L2 I can fully say that it is a great system that is fully worth modeling any game after.

I wish I had more concrete information.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Interesting, but yes i suppose everything is speculation at this point.

Having most gear be crafted by players would definitely give crafters a bigger role in the grand scheme of things, im always down for that.
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Crafting is based on SWG so I imagine a crafter can choose the stats for crafted items. I would hope you can also.opt out of the blueprint system. I'd rather not have my creations public knowledge.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif