Blacklist

Not sure how this will go over but it would be nice to have an in game Blacklist that you can add players to who have given you issues in the game. Say I'm selling things but this person has killed me out in the world while I was gathering.... ??

Comments

• Or you could just write it down on a google doc, word, notepad, or a piece of paper.

The FBI ain't investigated me yet for having a list of names like Prodigy6969, Grassblaze420, tallgeese, xxxPussSlayer1337, Skankgodlegend, Sewerlord52, etc.
  • I'd much rather have a character note system in the friends list. You can write awful things if you want, but I'd much rather use it to keep track of the good experiences I have with people.
  • Ignore/Block lists are pretty standard for MMOs. I would venture to say blocklists should prevent players from being able to purchase from you directly. Stores in real life sometimes have people they refuse to allow into the store.

I also like having note features in friend and block lists to actually keep up with who people are. I mostly use them to know who’s a great teammate, but I’ve seen guilds use friend notes and guild notes to keep track of roles.
  • GodsThesis wrote: »
    Or you could just write it down on a google doc, word, notepad, or a piece of paper.

The FBI ain't investigated me yet for having a list of names like Prodigy6969, Grassblaze420, tallgeese, xxxPussSlayer1337, Skankgodlegend, Sewerlord52, etc.

they did investigate you during lunch and had a good laugh
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't want any system in place that prevents you from having to deal with players that have given you trouble. An example is a game where black listing another player makes both players invisible to each other. Such a system would go against the dream of the game. Reputation Should be everything. I would hope you can only block from whispers,trades,dual requests, and other invites. A character you dislike should still be seen in the world and you should have to suffer to see their text in world chat.

A serious feature that I would be happy to see is an in game notepad like EVE online. EVE has a few simple tools like a notepad and calculator. Aside from being helpful, just having such tools built into the game is a tell that lets the player know economy of the game is a big deal.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • I'm new to the game btw everyone. This is actually my first post on here. Sorry if my post isn't being taken well. I don't think that I explained well what I was thinking. I was thinking that when selling my harvestables or craftables that I would have the option of blacklisting this person from trade with my character. I don't care if I have to keep dealing with him in the game. He can keep killing me and getting corrupted. I just would like the option for myself and others to basically let these players know that these hostile actions can have consequences.
  • HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Caeryl wrote: »
    Ignore/Block lists are pretty standard for MMOs. I would venture to say blocklists should prevent players from being able to purchase from you directly. Stores in real life sometimes have people they refuse to allow into the store.

I also like having note features in friend and block lists to actually keep up with who people are. I mostly use them to know who’s a great teammate, but I’ve seen guilds use friend notes and guild notes to keep track of roles.

I think he means when you have a problem player that the community shuns him, no raid/party invites , no trading and so on. I might be wrong, but asshats need to be taught a lesson. I agree I don't want a game full of asshats like archeage.
  • BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited August 2020
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I would hope you can only block from whispers,trades,dual requests, and other invites. A character you dislike should still be seen in the world and you should have to suffer to see their text in world chat.

I definitely hope I'll be able to block people who spam in world/node/proximity chat, there's no reason not to.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    A character you dislike should still be seen in the world and you should have to suffer to see their text in world chat.
    I don't know of any game that does this. The second part, not the first.
    BaSkA13 wrote: »
    I definitely hope I'll be able to block people who spam in world/node/proximity chat, there's no reason not to.

I think you should still have to deal with them in like /say or /trade. I think there should always be at least one open channel of communication. Even if you don't like someone now, things may change later on. Having the public channels be the venue for that makes sense to me.
    noaani wrote: »
    I don't know of any game that does this. The second part, not the first.

I can't think of the specific game off the top of my head, but I know I have seen it. I want to say something like "Aura kingdom". Which is not a good game. I clearly remember a player disappearing before my eyes only to learn that I was blocked. Needless to say I am against such a system, because it offered me no avenue for diplomacy.
    TVMenSP.png
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    BaSkA13 wrote: »

I think you should still have to deal with them in like /say or /trade. I think there should always be at least one open channel of communication. Even if you don't like someone now, things may change later on. Having the public channels be the venue for that makes sense to me.
    The issue here is that one of the reasons for using block - a reason that intrepid have already said is the best course of action - is to prevent abuse. Even if it is public, it shouldn't be possible.

You are not preventing abuse from a person if that person still has a direct means of communicating with you.

If you ignore a person, you shouldn't see anything at all from then in chat at all. If that person has a specific reason for wanting to talk to you later on, then they can go to a third party to try and sort things out.
    noaani wrote: »
    The issue here is that one of the reasons for using block - a reason that intrepid have already said is the best course of action - is to prevent abuse. Even if it is public, it shouldn't be possible.

You are not preventing abuse from a person if that person still has a direct means of communicating with you.

If you ignore a person, you shouldn't see anything at all from then in chat at all. If that person has a specific reason for wanting to talk to you later on, then they can go to a third party to try and sort things out.

If intrepid has stated it is going to work that way. I can accept it. I am just discussing what I would ideally like to see. Using a third party is a viable option that I have used in the past. What I like about public channels being open always is that it mimics the real world. I can block someone from calling me or texting me, but if I run into them in public I still have to deal with them. Obviously people can use that to be abusive, but I would assume being abusive in chat is already in the TOS even if you are not blocked.
    TVMenSP.png
  • @scifi I use to use an addon in WoW called VanasKoS. It does/did exactly what you are talking about and more. It would color code names in chat channels to match which list you put them in, clicking on the name would pull up notes you made about them and the KoS stood for Kill on Sight. I liked to pvp and it was really nice at helping me hold a grudge or remember why I decided to kill certain scumbags any time I came across them. If you are playing a game now that will let you use that addon definitely give it a go. We may not get many, if any, addons in this game but it could give you a decent idea on how to set up a list of things to watch for or remember.
  • Yes, what Rhorden said, AoC needs this. If Joe is someone who has destroyed my caravans four times in the past, I want to be able to add him to a list, that for me only, color codes his name a different way so that five months later, the instant I see Joe's name again and it has that unqiue color coding, I instantly know he's a PK and to get my guard up ASAP. If i'm farming mobs then this quick reference will be the difference between life or death. And there needs to be a small note pad you can type a short message about why you tagged this person. That way I know why I should never sell to him.
  • @Rhorden Thank you... someone does understand me. I just want something to prevent any trade between myself and that person....if its just a reminder then I will take it. The add-on that you are describing sounds very nice. I would definitely use it. :smile:
  • Yeah, if I ignored/blocked someone, it's for a reason. That tool is there for when a player is being... well, a tool. I shouldn't have to get continually harassed in general/trade chat after I've decided I've had enough.
  • I just checked the wiki and I discovered this:

My decision is not to allow DPS meters nor add-ons. I feel we have adequate measures in place to prevent a majority of potential third party trackers. I know this subject has passionate voices on both sides and I respect the various opinions and positions many of you have expressed.[157] – Steven Sharif

No add-ons apparently.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    From the wiki:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/User_interface#Addons.2Fmods
    My decision is not to allow DPS meters nor add-ons. I feel we have adequate measures in place to prevent a majority of potential third party trackers. I know this subject has passionate voices on both sides and I respect the various opinions and positions many of you have expressed.[157] – Steven Sharif

Why do people need to have all the extra mods? Ashes has been said to have a very adjustable interface. If it is built a certain way, I am pretty sure that it is a decision that they made.