Bounty Hunters

HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Ok, so a corrupted players has a sixth sense and he and his evil band of brothers, hold up in their house as they sniff a attack coming.

Question do bounty hunters have a Key to that house :) or do we simply have to wait it out and see who blinks first?

Perhaps giving a knock on the door like "Rust" would not be enough to have a evildoer come meet his fate.

Look forward to hear if anyone can enter your home or if it is locked, thank you.

Comments

• *insert* "FBI OPEN UP" meme

On topic thats acctually a good question that most likely only Alpha 1 will answer unless steven graces us with another AMA or interview where that question is asked.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    As long as you are in your locked freehold, then the Bounty Hunter would have to remain outside.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    In Arche Age this happened often. you'd be on your farm and see a Red sprinting to their house for safety. Almost always people would start to attack and it was funny. Others would shout to alert people. In L2 guild halls could open their doors and anyone could enter, but if they were closed it would kick non members and only allow members in till doors opened back up. I think that system would work well with freeholds.

Also @Xenotor your opening comment reminds me of:

xJbETXR.gif
    E6qgOoi.png
  • HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    this begs the question, will magic be able to go thru walls? in AA some spells would a interesting thing to keep in the back of our minds.
  • HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Was just thinking, perhaps a rogue bounty hunter can pick the lock?
  • novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    in UO - your home was safe grounds as long as you closed the door. If the door is open they may enter and kill you.
    Later on they added the ability to kick someone from your home but it still took a few seconds to do so and you're able to kill said person perhaps in that small window of opportunity.

Bounty Hunter SHOULD NOT have access to my home if my door is closed. Feel free to camp me in my home - it's all good. Those are the best time - when I have a few hunter camping me, I get my other red friends online to counter attack them :D
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.