Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Content for smaller groups

Hi,

I was wondering what kind of content the game has to offer for smaller groups and specially in late game?
I really enjoyed Albion Online but without being part of a large guild I felt like I was left out of all the fun stuff in the game.

Can people particiate in sieges without being part of a big guild ?
How the crafted gear is on par in the late game raid gear if the drops only are coming from the 40 player raids?

I'm not looking or asking for everyone is a winner or participation trophy, but when this game someday comes out I'll maybe have a wife and even a kid, so I just wonder is there going to be some sort of meningful content where you can just drop in hour here and there, and still feel like you are contributing to the node or the character progression itself?

Like maybe late game deepsea fishing could be something like that it requires effort, has meaningfull drops and does not require 40 people to do that. What kind of thoughts do you have?

Comments

• Options
    WarthWarth Member
    edited August 2020
    Can people particiate in sieges without being part of a big guild ?
    Node sieges are available to anyone.
    (Guild) Castle sieges are not.
    How the crafted gear is on par in the late game raid gear if the drops only are coming from the 40 player raids?
    If you can't farm it yourself, then make bank in another way and purchase the materials/gear.
    I was wondering what kind of content the game has to offer for smaller groups and specially in late game?
    Open World Dungeons,
    Open World Farming/Content
    Hunting for Materials
    Fishing
    Taming/Animal Husbandry
    Naval Content
    The Caravan System
    Arenas and Battleground
    Instanced Dungeons
    Treasure Hunting
    Bounty Hunting
    Working on the progress of your Node.
    One of the 20+ Professions

those are the ones i remembered instantly, there are problem 10-15 more things you can do without a raid.
  • Options
    Yes, anyone can participate in a node siege, as long as you're not a citizen of that node or an ally node.

No. The drops won't be coming just from 40 man raids. If it was like that, what's the point of having 8 man and 16 man group content?

From the wiki,

"Content isn't locked behind guilds.[47]

Mechanics exist within larger conflicts for small groups and even solo players to impact the battle.[48]
    This includes systems that will likely focus on single group sized participants while the larger battle is occurring."

As for professions, you don't need to be in a group to progress in them either. If you want to take up fishing, then you can fish by yourself. You only have to interact with other players in the world when you want to trade your catch for gold, other items. If you master a profession, you can obtain/craft high level items. You can trade these items for high level gear as well.

You don't HAVE to participate in dungeon and raid content. You could also focus on PvP to get gear as well.

TLDR:

Playing as a solo-player in this game does put you at a slight disadvantage, as you need groups in order to clear dungeon and raid content.

However, you could also focus on PvP and professions to get high level gear that way instead.
  • Options
    theFISCHERcattheFISCHERcat Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    Being someone who usually plays with small group of family members, I am very interested in the bounty and treasure hunting. Instanced dungeons will also be something familiar from other MMOs that we'll definitely be looking forward to!
  • Options
    Thanks for the answers.
    The caravan systems sounds like it would be something nice to do if you don't face a zerg. Also treasure hunting sounds exiting.

If thinking about things to do with a small group, gathering being very solo oriented content I had this idea of what if some things would be easier to do with a friend, like:
    • You would chop down a tree and you would have to drag it to lumbermill with a mount, but dragging it with 2 mounts people make it faster
    • Fishing at sea would require you to check nets and palce baits, instead of doing all that alone, it would be faster to with 2 people
  • Options
    Caravan protection and disruption is gonna be my primary focus. I'm hoping to get in some kind of guild that focuses on that or even a guild that has a team of players that is there specialty. Seems like that is where the open world PvP action will be. AMBUSH! pew pew pew... o:)