Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

None-dps class doing Solo PVE question

I enjoy playing healer/support class in mmo/moba games, and my favorite class is priest in WoW because when I decide to take a break from parties I can always become shadow priest, which is also a priest class that sacrifice healing efficiency and increase it's damage output so I am able to do world solo PvX.

So I am wondering how is AoC's none-dps role's (tank/cleric/bard) performance on solo PvE. Is my class's damage output going to be so low that other class can just out dps and took the looting rights over on my tag monster? I won't be surprise if this is just another game where healer is just going to get rolled over in solo-PVP so I am mentally prepared to have my favorite fishing spot taken from me.

Some of you might tell me to get a friend to join this game with me, but that is pretty impossible (they got kids and family) so I am most likely going to jump into the game all by myself. And yes join a guild to find new online friends, I agree guild is best for raid/party but I value my solitude gaming experience just as much as party.

It ain't a big deal if cleric is nothing but a healer in this game, I will still play this game because I am soooo on this hype train! I missed the days when I play Lineage1, RO, KnightsOnline 15 years ago where there death penalty is bloody harsh. Those game don't give little trophies out to everyone to please the crowd and reward the hardcore communities.

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    Cleric was/is OP to be fair from what we've seen. The biggest challenge will be mana regulation at lower levels. Combat is being adjusted but Cleric is DPS/Heal.

Edit: Bard will be revealed in A1 and Tank is also a strong PvE Class from what we've seen.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    from what I have read about clerics - they were still able to do damage.

I think tag rights is reserved to world bosses on a group vs group scale.
    For solo content - first hit tag applies - so it doesnt matter if someone tries to KS and do 80% of the damage, if you dealt first damage on a random mob, it's yours.

Dungeon mobs - uncertain
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Options
    Thank you for answering! I really appreciate it because I am unable to join any alpha (Singapore server isn't released yet).