Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Long Term Aesthetic Appeal

Hi everyone, this is my first forum post! I’ve played numerous MMO’s over numerous years. My first big MMO, like many, was World of Warcraft. I still remember how grand, magical, and compelling the entire game felt. It inspired a child-like wonder. The aesthetic allowed for so many people to be drawn in, and immersed in their world. Even to this day, WoW graphics are hardly ever a large point of contention.

Have any of the Devs discussed their plans for creating a stylistic aesthetic that will appeal to new players AND hold its own years down the road? It seems the more unique and stylistically appealing a game is, the longer the graphics hold up over time, and the younger the game feels.

As the game is currently still pre-Alpha, I’m withholding any critiques of the current aesthetic. I’m simply curious on everyone else’s thoughts on this topic and if the devs have already addressed it. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Every game will age. Even WoW ages, you can notice it in the diff between the texture of newer and older gear and in the detail of newer and older zones as well.

As long as the new content that is added into the game is on par with game graphics of its time, it won't matter as much.