Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Stealing from Players/NPCs

Will there be any kind of theft system in AOC maybe like a elder scrolls type system? Where you can pickpocket another player in your node maybe. Sounds like a simple system I understand but would add a bit of realism. Maybe you could level up your theft skills and be able to pocket some higher leveled gear that your target has on their body. Imagine you’re walking down the street and see a high leveled character and you’re able to steal a piece of armor or weapon off them. And if you get caught you get corruption points of some sort. Steal money maybe, i don’t know kind of an interested idea. People could become part of the “underground” and steal things for others, for money. Lots of possibilities could come out of this.

Comments

• Options
    If I'm not wrong, they stated firmly that there won't be any kind of stealing from other players.
  • Options
    Leroher wrote: »
    If I'm not wrong, they stated firmly that there won't be any kind of stealing from other players.

Thank you! I must have skipped over it.
  • Options
    3am3am Member
    I mean you can jack caravans.
  • Options
    3am wrote: »
    I mean you can jack caravans.

Players make investments that go into caravans that you can raid.
  • Options
    The only stealing will be quest related, Steven gave an example of like getting a quest to go steal a book from a NPC. But they have said no stealing from other players or from player stalls. And I imagine this also means you cant steal from a NPC if you can't steal from any of these other sources.
  • Options
    I was hoping to run around with a pet monkey and play as Aladdin! Oh well..
    a34ad54277341e048554a1bf88ee6284.jpg

Heroes Fade but Legends last forever

• Options
    Street rat!