Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Open World PvE content for casual players

I'm concerned about how the open world raids and dungeons are going to work.

As a casual player that cannot play a lot of hours a day, I would like to at least be able to perform some PvE content with my group of friends. I have 2 questions around this:

1. Will hardcore big guilds camp all open world PvE content?
2. Will casual players be able to perform open world raiding and dungeons?

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2020
    What I want to dress casually I dont go to black tie events and start discussing the venues dress code.
  • Options
    I just want to have an idea of which content will be available, I don't want to change anything
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2020
    Baspro wrote: »
    I just want to have an idea of which content will be available, I don't want to change anything

All the content will be available. If your friends play more than you, you will be left behind.
    If you make new friends frequently, you can progress at your own pace.
  • Options
    JyunkixJyunkix Member
    edited August 2020
    Dungeons in Ashes of Creation will range in size and will be mostly open-world.[5][6]

Open world dungeons will be populated to facilitate multiple groups within the dungeon.[7]
    80% of dungeons will be open world.[8][9]
    Instanced dungeons will also be present and will cater for solo and group questlines.[7]
    20% of dungeons will be instanced.[8][9]

this is all information from the wiki :)

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Dungeons heres a link, they also talk about raid etc.
  • Options
    Baspro wrote: »
    I'm concerned about how the open world raids and dungeons are going to work.

As a casual player that cannot play a lot of hours a day, I would like to at least be able to perform some PvE content with my group of friends. I have 2 questions around this:

1. Will hardcore big guilds camp all open world PvE content?
    2. Will casual players be able to perform open world raiding and dungeons?

What do you think?

You could try to do 8 man dungeons/raids. In general though, PvE is heavily group focused in AoC. So it will be difficult for you to do everything with just a few friends. You could also join a party/guild and clear high level content that way instead.