Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bounty in Bounty Hunting

I honestly don't know IF there is a consideration by Intrepid to literally add bounties for the heads of the corrupted. Perhaps @Jahlon has some clarification? Now that Corrupted and Bounty Hunters are fairly equal in combat and penalties - what is the incentive to collect that head or a group of heads? In other words, as a potential bounty hunter, I would like to see Mayors, Guilds, or Factions offer bounties (as in AOC money) for completion of such a mission. The more corrupt, the higher the level, the higher the virtual AOC cash incentive? I submit, this is a counterbalance. Loot drops go both ways - so what's the incentive here. Otherwise, take the bounty out of bounty hunters. I realize some may view this as virtual cash farming.... Any updates or insight appreciated. Palex.

Comments

• Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    I'd assume that bounty hunters will gain rewards based on how many corrupted players they kill. Otherwise what's the point of even having bounty hunters? Also, based on the recent quiz post, apparently there will also be a Chief Bounty Hunter position in the government. So all the more reason to believe so.
  • Options
    AeriAeri Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    Per the wiki:

Taverns are one of the locations that bounties will be posted. As players gain corruption, taverns may offer bounties to eliminate those players; or have a specific area cleared of problem players, thus giving a POI (point of interest) on the world map.
  • Options
    I further, bounty hunters are not crafters. We are a vertical progress focused group as the best hunter-killers in the game. We need armor, weapons; and other accouterments, as we race to the PVP top. If weapons and armor are the reward, as a random NPC drop, who knows what we will wind up with? Instead, I suggest hard, cold, virtual cash as reward. This lets bounty hunters shop the local market and buy what we need, controversial as it may seem.
    Opponents would say I’m whining. Instead, I would think they’d say, ‘you want to go bro - bring it on.’ Likewise, my position is to goad the gankers and zerkers are to ‘dance or go home.’ No other skill should collect virtual cash as the headhunters for justice in Verra. The populace of Verra must reward faithfulness and fidelity as her defender or, once again, the world will see hell. More gates created for the next rebirth in thousands of years. Will corruption ever stop? Continued thoughts and opinions are welcome. Palex.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    So offering rewards as bounties is an easily abused system as we saw in Eve Online.

Friends just kill friends to pick up the bounty. CCP tweaked the system in Eve a bit, but it did turn out quite broken.

For bounty hunters the reward is dropped gear from corrupted. The bounty hunters do not drop gear.

There are also PvP seasons, and there may very well be a reward for the Bounty Hunters based on their performance, we will have to wait to see.

Would you like to know more? https://www.ashes101.com/bountyhunter
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    A lot of self cleaning oven gankers out there. Thanks Jahlon. We'll see IF it's even worth the drops or satisfaction. Again - where's the Bounty in Bounty Hunters. Instead, call it the Righteous Order, if it's just virtue with no incentive beyond bragging rights? Bounty Hunting is not personal - It's a business. It's probably also a business decision at Intrepid I suppose - Palex.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The system will need means to prevent abuse such as "player assassination / victimization / bullying".
    Dropping gear would be prize enough, if the player has not already decanted gear.

Locating on the map while "red" and getting some kind of reward would be cool.

But outright targeting a player by a clan putting a bounty on their head without real due cause might be an abusable tool
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    akabear wrote: »
    The system will need means to prevent abuse such as "player assassination / victimization / bullying".

I agree. But usually gankers and griefers are bullys by nature? It may release certain endorphins. You think?

(edit) Not to spam this thread. One way to keep Bounty Hunter's on the 'straight and narrow' is to cap their own corruption. IF you are a super butt kicker in a Military Node as a Bounty Hunter, you quickly loose reputation if you become corrupted (let's say) more than once? Hence, you become more of a lowly Highwayman. Make sense? <3
  • Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I love this, and what I'm about to say is good not trying to be facetious, but this entire system is based on people going corrupt. With all the people raging about the corruption system this entire game mechanic is a fun user driven way to self manage and its success is entire based on players PKing other players >:) . I'm excited for both sides of this coin.
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    mrwaffles wrote: »
    I'm excited for both sides of this coin.
    I’m excited for waffles.

Hhak63P.png