Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Weapon Archetypes?

2»

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Dual Wield being done properly.

Many of the later mmorpgs dont do justice to dual wield.

So make them way weaker than other options, lacking functions + flavour.

Others do wierd things like dual kunai, or Giants Only, or sword + straight shadow, or sword + boomerang blade.

I just want to play dual wield properly again, like L2, Tera, w0w, GW2.
    Very dissapointed with ESO and AA on DW. As for bdo... it's not even a thing.
  • Options
    Flails and sycthes could pretty much work mechanically the same as maces and 2 handed axes respectively, polish on animations would just be needed to make sure the attacks still looked real and impactful and both would be so fun visually.
  • Options
    Good flails are non existent. Apparently they're harder to do than good cape physics.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nikai wrote: »
    Flails and sycthes could pretty much work mechanically the same as maces and 2 handed axes respectively, polish on animations would just be needed to make sure the attacks still looked real and impactful and both would be so fun visually.

Scythes would not ever work in actual combat tbh. There were Warscythes used in medieval times, but they didnt look anything like a scythe (Imagine a scythe blade on a stick like a spearhead or mounted on the side of the stick)
    Scythes only really work for penetration, because if you want to cut something, you would need your opponent to step INSIDE your reach and then pull the scythe towards you, or swing it with your whole body sideways. Both are very bad things to do in combat.

I know that that has nothing to do with your actual comment, but i get angry about all those people who want scythe weapons...

I would think that a scythe skin would make sense for staves or halberds tbh. (They wouldnt even need to ajust the animations)
    But I would think that flails would be nice mace skins in my opinion. :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    not a bad idea, i do get what you mean about scythes not making a lot of sense realistic combat wise so i could see them being made a variation of staffs for caster classes maybe, or yeah just halberd style of gameplay.

Honestly if flails were in the game and done well id build an entire character around using them and it would be as close to the Witch King of Angmar as possible
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Damokles wrote: »
    i get angry about all those people who want scythe weapons...
    As do I.

The other thing with a scythe is that the only way to get the blade on an appropriate angle to actually hit your target is to hold said blade a few centimeters off the ground - sabatons would be in massive danger if they were implemented in to the game as a melee weapon.

What I could see though, is a scythe implemented in to the game as a caster staff - something that isn't expected to be used in melee. This also means the developers wouldn't need to add in specific animations for this one weapon - and a scythe absolutely would need it's own animations to be used as a melee weapon.

I can see this satisfying the desires of most people that want one.
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Grimoires and staffs are what I'm hoping to see more of.
  • Options
    7717739380bb108368c4ff76a03a154e.jpg