Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

action based combat in relation to pve (2 questions)

I'm wondering if someone can direct me to a wiki link or weigh in.

1st question: Players are using a hybrid system of combat with both tab targeted and action based abilities. Are the mobs using a similar system, aka are mob basic attacks based on a hit scan or are they tab targeted? (clarification am I dodging the attack or am I kiting the range so the attack can't happen?)

2nd question: From what I've seen in alpha footage most player abilities do not lock your character into a forced movement, would it be prudent to assume that the direction your character moves won't be connected to the current ability you are using? (an example of abilities determining your movement direction could be BDO).

Comments

• VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1: I thought I heard somewhere that raid bosses "might" have templates or tells. Language like that leads me to suspect that mobs are mostly going to use standard tab target moves. Action combat moves just sound like a ever present possibility.

2: I think it is going to be dependent on the ability. There was a example given about upgrading the teleport skill so that you go in the direction you are holding when you use it. It seems like it is going to depend on the ability, and how you have it configured.

This is one of those threads where I get to take a shot because of the "It's too soon to tell" drinking game.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.