Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Separate bag for Armour/Weapons

kevinoozlingkevinoozling Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Hello,
Having set for roles of armour/weapons that you are going to use daily in your main bag is frustrating too me. Does anyone feel the same way? It would be good to have a bag that our sets of gear(healing/dps/tanking) lives. Maybe a Armour bag that can fit a main class set, secondary class set and a spare slot for another set.

Comments

• VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If you find dealing with armor and weapons for multiple roles frustrating. I have some very good news for you. You get one role. Changing that role is not going to be something you get to do on the fly. Gear is more than likely going to be expensive. Upkeep is not looking like it is going to be a few gold joke like other games. It is going to be a resource sink. It is not expected to be conventional to carry multiple sets of gear. You should not need special bags for gear.

You might be more frustrated to learn that you have been wearing the same gloves for months in a game like AoC.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • kevinoozlingkevinoozling Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I’d like to have the same one set to do everything but there are stats, secondary stats and set bonuses on armour. I can see that if I wanted to main a tank with fighter as my secondary archetype that I’d use defensive set bonuses for tanking and offensive set bonuses for questing or off tanking. Secondary stats might not translate across from activity to activity. I just wonder if majority of people will be running around with one to three extra sets taking up bag space.
  • BotBot Member
    I only care about a separate bag for quest related items. You're likely gonna have the same gear all the time. Even if you do have a situation where you swap gear it'd make more sense to have a hotkey that can't be used while in combat to hotswap preset gear profiles or at least weapons.
  • My vote is no.

Inventory management is a part of the game.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    From the wiki:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Inventory

They just showed a picture a while ago that had the weapons in a different section. So, kinda?
    It’s not a deal breaker. Just a thought. Something different.
    Looks like there’s a few tabs and lots of space. Good.
  • I think having an armory menu for equipment wouldn't be a bad idea. They can just allocate the bag space it would normally use and use it in the armory menu instead. It's mainly to make it look more neat and organized since your inventory would just not use equipment.

Having different equipment is going to be a core part of the game. So why not make it be easier to separate your equipment from your junk. That said if they are going to let you just hide stuff in your inventory then it's pretty close to perfect as it is.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East