Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Housing templets

I understand that the outside has to have templets due to the size of the map, available space, zone of influence etc. but could it be possible if you could layer upwards / downwards as you wish? I would love to have an attic and a basement to create these niche exploration opportunities for my visitors. and since its underground, it could be huge.

it has to be built with a lot of materials for example that are grindy to come by but could give you amazing creative ideas.

this can also be limited to a few extra rooms or sims like room builder where you limit the walls to a certain total length.

carpentry can build different doors, windows (with like a certain scenery on it) with a variety of frames.

wallpapers for themes etc. what would people think of that?

It just popped into my head so don't be too harsh^^

Comments

• Options
    From everything i've heard from the team is that we won't be able to add floors, windows or rooms ad-hoc. Wallpaper of your own design could be a feature, Steven has talked about possibly giving players the ability to apply different colors and textures to like the face of their shield. So if there's a system for us to alter the face of our shield then putting up wallpaper should be easy enough to do!
    Homes with basements were asked about in a Q&A and they said they do not plan to have basements in homes because of how that could screw with the Underrealm.
  • Options
    so the under realm is actually a "world" beneath our feet? I informed myself about this game quite a bit but I'm surprised time and time again. I actually thought its a cave-like city but zoned so the basement idea is off the table. sadly. I do wish they add a lot of customizing possibilities for your house other than furniture.
  • Options
    While you can't modify the architecture, there are still different buildings to pick for your freehold plot. I can imagine at least some will have more than one floor, if not more.
  • Options
    @Frank Castle Yes the underrealm is a huge world beneath our feet, not just a few deep caves put here and there. There are entire nodes down there that can reach metropolis size. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Underrealm
    The entire playable race "Tulnar" come from there, it's an actual starting point we can pick instead of starting at a Divine Gateway. At launch the underrealm will be about 1/4 the size of the above world. I imagine based on popularity, future expansions (example) "Lands of Frognar - A Journey to the Dankest Depths" could expand it.

• Options
    loghan wrote: »
    @Frank Castle Yes the underrealm is a huge world beneath our feet, not just a few deep caves put here and there. There are entire nodes down there that can reach metropolis size. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Underrealm
    The entire playable race "Tulnar" come from there, it's an actual starting point we can pick instead of starting at a Divine Gateway. At launch the underrealm will be about 1/4 the size of the above world. I imagine based on popularity, future expansions (example) "Lands of Frognar - A Journey to the Dankest Depths" could expand it.

Please yes we need Frognar!