Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Just Another Reason To Not Allow Multiboxing.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/its-155-am-server-time-and-i-cant-get-a-damn-bc-quest-done-because-of-multiboxers/606377

At least once a week, there are posts in other MMOs about the plague that is multiboxing.

This is just the newest one in WoW.

Comments

• Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Someone didn't see the mega thread

stUK657.png
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    multiboxing is good
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Listen, they have no way of banning it completely. What they can do however, is to restrict its benefits as much as possible. They have already done this by saying no to key-broadcasting software and addons, limiting freeholds to one per account, making it so that you cannot run multiple clients on the same pc, and finally by not adding something like a WoW token to the game. WoW has none of this, hence why its a problem in WoW. So calm down.
  • Options
    I again agree with the Captn ;)

The dev mention that implementing this would be difficult because there are in fact families with different accounts that play from the same ip, and other technical details that went past me. I think the only real solution is to have a quick response from GM's when player activity leans towards abusing the systems in the game rather than enjoying them as they were designed. But then this kind of response would be great for any kind of perma-griefing/exploits/abuse of mechanics.
  • Options
    KohlKohl Member
    Why dont you argue against free trial instead?

Being unable to play the game unless subscribed to, will cut all the botters in half, if not more.
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Botting is bannable in Ashes. Macros are the same.

Macros
    The issue with macros is that from an anti cheat metric perspective it's difficult to define what a macro is against a script. And in order to catch all scripts sometimes you have to prevent the macro usage. So really that's a that's a data issue. If we allow for macros then we lose our ability to precisely ban script users, botters.[100] – Steven Sharif
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/User_interface#Macros

Without bots or macros, multiboxing will not speed up player actions. Each player still has 1 button press = 1 action and no autotargetting.

The situation in the OP of multiboxers tagging all mobs will not happen unless there are so many players that the issue is the same. However, it won't matter if they are multiboxers or not.