Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

SUGGESTION: New name for Market

I have a suggestion that the name of the unique Market building in economic nodes be changed because it sounds too similar to the Marketplace building. I think the name Bourse might work better, as a bourse is an advanced marketplace normally used for buying and selling commodities and stocks.

Comments

• CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    I mean, they have a thing for naming things similar to each other. Have you seen the amount of shadow in their class names? I really wish Steven was more open to renaming some of the classes.
  • Stonks will be a good name to replace the stock market.
  • Bodega (a term for a shop)
    or maybe Fleamarket
  • Ya, I've noticed Intrepid has issues with naming things. Look at their class chart... The whole archetype/class catigories are all jacked up.

Then there is the word "guild". Player guild or social guild? Is "social" player or npc run? It's all a jumble, and very conveluted, due to their lack of discription and definition.

How about the whole "tank" debacle.

Sorry for hijacking. Just bugs me.
  • Kneczhevo wrote: »
    Ya, I've noticed Intrepid has issues with naming things. Look at their class chart... The whole archetype/class catigories are all jacked up.

Then there is the word "guild". Player guild or social guild? Is "social" player or npc run? It's all a jumble, and very conveluted, due to their lack of discription and definition.

How about the whole "tank" debacle.

Sorry for hijacking. Just bugs me.

they seem to be placeholders that somehow stuck around. seems rather low effort to get a team to clean them up. hell a consensus from this forum would likely fix quite a few of them.

honestly the 64 'classes' is IMO a mistake. one reason is there are several popular archetypes named for a base/aug combo and it is unlikely the augmented base class (that's not all that close to the named archetype) is going to match player expectations.

more base classes and fewer augments (pooled by some other measure) would allow for more clearly focused and better representations of expected archetypes.