Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

languages ​​available in the game

They have long put the languages ​​in which the game will be available, but it also says that they are considering adding more. That information was published more than a year ago and they still did not say anything about whether it will be in other languages ​​such as Spanish (For this language it is not possible to base on the number of Spanish-speaking players after opening the game to decide why the vast majority of Spanish speakers are not good with other languages ​​or cannot enjoy the games if they have to be translating all the texts. So naturally the first thing we look at is if the game will be in Spanish, and taking into account that it is also a paid game for Playing not being in Spanish will logically mean that at least around 95% of those interested will back down in the decision to play it. It is not necessary that there will be an exclusive server for the Hispanic community, but that this translated into Spanish is a necessity so that most of the Spanish can enjoy it.

Even if they later incorporate the language, this will make players who until then were not encouraged to buy it because they could not understand it, are far behind the rest (And more so since it is a game that is based mainly on the development of the world by the players with systems created specifically for that as the node system).

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've heard testimonials that people have learnt a foreign language from MMOs. I can see why some wouldn't want to do this but others are very appreciative.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Im spanish and english is completely fine for me, even if the game is in spanish I would play it in the original version.

I know some people tho, that they cant learn english to save their lives, its sad but yeah...
  • Options
    Marcet wrote: »
    Im spanish and english is completely fine for me, even if the game is in spanish I would play it in the original version.

I know some people tho, that they cant learn english to save their lives, its sad but yeah...

I got no problem like you, but tbh, there's hella more spanish speakers than french and german together, but because the difference in money, spanish tends to be less important.
  • Options

Keep in mind that those of you who are commenting on this forum logically either know English or are interested in the game regardless of the language barrier, but your cases are a minority (For everything there are exceptions but you must admit that the majority of Spanish speakers hardly They will enter a game that is not in their language when in addition to that they have to pay)
  • Options
    zhultzhult Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    In the Spanish-speaking sector it is an important barrier that the game is in English, I do not care, but if you observe any mmo in English, as soon as they translate it into Spanish is when it receives the majority of Spanish-speaking players, hopefully Steve will consider translating the game in Spanish or let the community translate it.
    epic.png
  • Options

It is not possible to rely on the attracted community to decide whether to translate it at least with Spanish, because people will play it if it is translated and if it is not translated only a very small minority of the Spanish community will come (It is a cat that bites itself queue, not translated = little community = not translated)
  • Options
    TrotamundosTrotamundos Member
    edited August 2020
    Me sumo a la petición de que el juego este en español.
    Desde luego el coste de traducirlo no creo que sea tanto en comparación al beneficio que puede suponer ampliar el juego a una comunidad tan grande como la hispanohablante.
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    I've heard testimonials that people have learnt a foreign language from MMOs. I can see why some wouldn't want to do this but others are very appreciative.

Tu también puedes aprovechar y aprender español.😉 Un saludo muy friend.
  • Options
    Es que el coste de una traducción ingles a español es muy barata comparado con otros idiomas porque al ser lenguas muy habladas hay muchos traductores de esos dos idiomas y al venir de un mismo origen tienen tanta similitud que incluso un traductor automático puede hacerte el trabajo y simplemente necesitar revisar pequeños fallos porque Am, is y are en español puede significar ser o estar (que ya ves tu la diferencia entre decir soy feliz o estoy feliz). Hay gente que se lee libros enteros traducidos con un traductor automático (yo entre ellos) y cualquier pequeño error que te encuentres por lógica deduces lo que quiere decir en 5 segundos. Si fuese un idioma asiatico seria mas complicado porque usas muchos proverbios, significados ocultos o casi convertido en un rompecabezas para que sea confuso y en ocasiones puede ser difícil el contexto con una traducción directa, pero entre idiomas europeos y americanos que son de significado claro como dije incluso un traductor automatico te puede hacer el 90% del trabajo y el 10% restante es que lo revises para corregir los posibles errores que se hayan podido colar (que en su mayoria sera una o dos palabras que se han mantenido en ingles o pequeñas cosas sin importancia)
  • Options
    The game is probably going to have every language that has a large playerbase. That said English has always been the dominant language in MMO's. It's mainly that you need enough players to play on a server of the same language. English is just the most used language in the world so most default to that.

The game language and server language won't always be the same thing. However you will need enough players of that language for both. It's generally how most games do it. You'll prob get a language option if you are over like 15% of the playerbase. Maybe less, but that's pretty much guaranteed.

The problem is mostly Europe that has way too many languages and don't unify their language system. They understand this and that's why a lot of countries in Europe learn English.

It's a difficult thing in most games, but that's why a lot of games don't have every possible language option. You need good translators too. Not every language has good translators.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Hola, pues yo soy español, y me gustaría que si juego a un juego, y pago una suscripción mensual, tengo tanto derecho como los demás a jugar en mi idioma nativo, yo puedo entender el idioma escrito, pero si me meto en un discord, para raidear con gente hablando en ingles, no entenderé ni la mitad.

eso para los jugadores es frustrante y al final lo que hace que esa comunidad, se divida y acabe por dejar el juego, marchándose a los que si están en español que es mi caso.

Y tienes razón mucha gente aprende ingles jugando a los juegos, pero no a hablarlo.

Me gustaría ver la cara de un jugador nuevo, a la hora de craftear, o buscar objetos de crafteos, se vuelve loco, ese jugador no renovara suscripción porque lo que le ofrece el juego son dolores de cabeza, así que por favor, pongan la opción del juego en español, que tenéis tiempo de sobra.

Un saludo a todos
  • Options
    Meh, I'm brazilian and frankly I got used to playing games in English. We consume too much north american content here and English has become so widely spoken that I don't see the need for localization anyways.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    Another related question would be which Spanish would it be translated to?
  • Options
    Another related question would be which Spanish would it be translated to?

aunque hay diferencias entre español latino y castellano en realidad no hay tanta variación como para que no se entiendan (que lo pongan en castellano lo haria más comodo para los castellanos y el español latino lo mismo para ellos, pero al final no deja de ser español que al menos es entendible para ambos. Que tener el juego en una version o otra del español sea más o menos comoda, pero con que sea entendible ya ayuda mucho comparado con no poder comprender lo que te dice la historia o te pide las misiones)
  • Options
    El problema de las traducciones a otros idiomas es que lo que básicamente se promueve es una comunidad fragmentada.

Pero supongo que mejor eso a dejar fuera a millones de jugadores, claro.

Yo aprovecharé para seguir mejorando mi inglés, como siempre he hecho en los MMOs.