Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion: Monster Assault with a Counter Raid

PatrickDJPatrickDJ Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
When I saw the spider animations on twitter I thought it would be awesome if spiders try to attack the city. (Like the monster assaults on a city)

This could be done with any type of enemy but this post is all around the Spider idea

The General Idea

A lair would spawn somewhere in the node and we as the players have to clear a raid within a certain time be it days or weeks to stop the spider attacks from happening. Ofcourse this will force guilds to communicate and distribute the tasks of what guild will take care of the defence of the city and what guild will take care of the attack on the Lair (what would be a raid)

The Length of the event

I do not know how long these city assaults are supposed to last I have not been keeping up with the Dev streams that much because so much is still subject to change. But I would love to see this type of city assault to take a few days

The Wave Strength

The waves will start out weak but will strengthen the longer the Spider Queen is alive.(the longer the queen is alive the stronger the brood she will get) With this you might think alright lets kill it quickly before it gets to strong to deal with... BUT! The stronger the queen get the better the reward will be see it as a trade off for the raid/waves being stronger

Wave intervals

There should be a break between each wave of attacking spiders maybe 2/3 attack waves each day so long the Spider queen is alive. There should be a announcement in the whole node that a spider attack is incomming in the next hour or 2. The waves should come in Prime time for that server

Defeat and Victory

If the waves get to strong for the defending guilds to handle and the spiders attack on the city succeed I think its a good idea to drop the node level by 1. This way there are more ways then just a siege on a city to lose a node level and it gives the guilds a reason to defend the city from this assault and not all just say screw it I am going for the raid! If the guilds manage to defeat the Spider Queen everyone who helped in the defence and attack will be granted a currency that can used to purchase rewards

The Rewards

A NPC will be selling Armours/Weapons/Trinkets/Pets/House decorations and more! That you can buy with the currency you
got from the event. For Pets/Mounts it would be nice if you only have a limited time to buy a Pet/Mount from that assault. As for the Armour/Weapons/Trinkets let them scale up with the level of the character when purchased and I don't mean like heirlooms of World of Warcraft but the Gear piece will stay at those stats from the moment its purchaced and have the
possibility to be upgraded by players who have a high enough Blacksmithing skill.

Edits:

Monster coin usage

The monster coin that allows you to join the side of the Monster should be usable here but if your guild is a part of the city thats being attacked you are not allowed to use this coin to help the monsters. This also mean if you are not a part of the guilds that are a part of the city then you can use the coin the help the monsters and possitbly take down the city a level so that maybe your node can level up.

Sorry if someone already made a post like this but I couldn't really find something like this when I looked through the forums
I look forward to see what the Community and Devs have to say about this idea

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options

Yes and No

The basic idea is the same with Monsters attacking the city thats where I got this idea from but what I mean is a event where monsters will assault the city in waves and the players have to defeat a raid boss in a lair or den to end the event and get the rewards or the Monsters manage to deal enough damage to the city that it degraded to the the previous level
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes that is panned.
    When the nodes level it may spawn events. Or just doing stuff may spawn an event.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Yes that is panned.
    When the nodes level it may spawn events. Or just doing stuff may spawn an event.

You probebly are not getting what this suggestion is... Its an idea for these events...
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't believe anything like that has been announced or the depth of quests. Hopefully there will be quests can be more in depth than just fight at a location.
  • Options
    I don't believe anything like that has been announced or the depth of quests. Hopefully there will be quests can be more in depth than just fight at a location.

ye I hope so to but it would be really nice if they were to mix a raid in with these monster assault events
  • Options
    From what I've heard, monster coin events can only disable node services. It won't delevel it. I think this is fine as how would you feel if you just leveled up a node to lvl6, and then it got de-leveled just because you failed to kill sufficient monsters in time? Would probably be very salt inducing.
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    From what I've heard, monster coin events can only disable node services. It won't delevel it. I think this is fine as how would you feel if you just leveled up a node to lvl6, and then it got de-leveled just because you failed to kill sufficient monsters in time? Would probably be very salt inducing.

I see what you mean with that but I was more thinking for a way for guilds/players to come together to defend something rather then everyone just doing their own thing and say screw the rest of the players around and just purely focus on your guild/Friends...and at the same time have something Punishing if you ignore it

Maybe this event can be something els then the Monster coin event even tho I did add that Monster coins should be useable :tongue: but again its a idea that I came up with and was wondering how the Community reacted on it