Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Suggestion: Class Chat Channels

Aion had these special chat channels you auto-joined for your class (So Cleric chat, Chanter chat, Spiritmaster chat, etc.). I don't know if any other games did that but it was a lot of fun. It was a great way to connect with other players of your class, share tips, bond, commiserate, whatever. I would love to see the same thing here, one for each of the 8 base classes, and it seems like an easy thing to implement. Anyone else?

Comments

• I would rather there be few or 0 global chat channels, only regional or group-related chats.
  • I'd support node only chatting, a true global chat would have to be saved for something special.

Example: Hero Chat in Lineage II

Hero – Type the "%" symbol followed by a message to broadcast the message to all players on the server. This channel can only be used by Heroes once every 10 seconds.
  • Depends if they are looking to disable Discord or not. If they are looking to replace Discord in game then having voice chats to replace it would nice.

I wouldn't mind disabling Discord and force people to make new friends in game. Then the Node chatting would make a lot more sense.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Global chat channels only tend to make the world feel smaller. They could be used for global trade or even to organise PvP.

I suppose the internet is going to have channels like this that players can easily access whilst playing, but there is little that can be done about that.

I just like to minimse it. Hopefully there will be plenty of resources for classes or crafting etc etc.
  • Well it's not really a global chat channel, it's 1/8th of the server population considering it's only people playing the same class as you and like any other chat channel, you can leave or turn it off. But for those that enjoy it it would be a much easier way to connect with them in game.