Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Controlling siege weapons

gunmandude2gunmandude2 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Will it be possible for players to be able to control the siege equipment that is used during the siege battles? I have never been a fan of PVP in MMOs because of my poor reflexes with such things, but I always got a kick out of being able to control cannons and the like when playing in WoW battlegrounds. I thought that this was a nice way of being able to make that piece of PVP content more accessible to players who are naturally more apprehensive to the idea of it. So will will AoC include such an option?

Comments

• Options
    You and the devs are on the same wavelength gunmandude. The thought of even low level characters being able to have fun and make a difference even in epic node sieges or castle sieges was brought up and answered just how you said.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Siege_weapons
    Lower level characters will have usefulness in mass combat that does not depend on their level, such as manning siege weapons, helping repair fortifications, bringing proximity-based buffs to key positions, using stealth or scaling walls. These types of things are relevant to the tide of battle and do not require the player to be max-level or have high combat stats.[17]
  • Options
    gunmandude2gunmandude2 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    That is......absolutely fantastic. It makes me happy to know that I will be able to enjoy those things in my own way.
  • Options
    Hey there! It looks like loghan got you covered on this answer above with a helpful link from the community-run wiki. We can't wait to join you on the battlefield!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can assist you with!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.