Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

When will this come out?

I was really interested in playing the game, I am currently playing WoW but it's fun to have an alternative and this game looks really good, will it come out this year, anyone knows ?

Comments

• Options
    TresTres Member
    It will most certainly not come out this year.

By the end of this year it will only be entering it's very first alpha phase.

There is currently no release date officially announced but if I had to guess, judging by the progress they have shown us I would guess a late fall 2022 release.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    2023 If everything goes well.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Tres wrote: »
    It will most certainly not come out this year.

By the end of this year it will only be entering it's very first alpha phase.

There is currently no release date officially announced but if I had to guess, judging by the progress they have shown us I would guess a late fall 2022 release.

Glad to hear honestly, nobody wants an unfinished game. Do you happen to know if it'll be free to play or a sub system like WoW ?
  • Options
    TresTres Member
    edited August 2020
    It will be a subscription like wow, with the difference that it has no box cost, so it's free to download but you sub to play.

source: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Payment_model
  • Options
    Most definitely early 2023/late 2022.
  • Options
    At least that will give me time to enjoy my $250 pack for Crowfall... xD

Sadly I've kinda lost interest in Crowfall just because it's taken 6 years to get to where it is now, I pray AoC doesn't take as long..
  • Options
    Nizzikef wrote: »

Sadly I've kinda lost interest in Crowfall just because it's taken 6 years to get to where it is now, I pray AoC doesn't take as long..

Most MMOs do and Ashes is no different. I am not 100% sure but the original kickstarter I am pretty sure was in 2017. If this game is released in 2023 that would be 6 years. It recently has caught a very big wave of hype but it will be 6+ years in total that some people purchased their $500 pack before it launches.
    a34ad54277341e048554a1bf88ee6284.jpg

Heroes Fade but Legends last forever

• Options
    JubilumJubilum Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I just checked my kickstarter purchase was July 4, 2017, I thought it was May/June but regardless it has been over 3 years. I'm hoping for a 2Q, 2023 release that would be 6 years. Best case scenario is 4Q, 2022, still 5 1/2 years.
  • Options
    When it's done like all the good games that are released as. =^.^=m
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    NelsonRebelNelsonRebel Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    If you look at most mmo's they generally take about 6 years depending on how much the companies board limits the developers.

Companies boards shortfalling dev decisions and coupled with any ingame code issues with server/client based problems can cause delays at any point in the games development if the issues arent identified and fixed early on.

Since Intrepid is basically funded by an enthusiastic MMO player (with deep pockets and a keen intellect) who encourages the devs and understands the community almost with scary accuracy, it actually has gone by faster than I hoped.

If you've been inside the playtests you understand what I mean if you have beta tested for other games before. AoC is coming along nicely.

That being said I'd say it depends on how well the Alpha phase 2 test goes. If theres no major issues, then between now and beta in 6 months or so the game world will be getting the majority of game assests rendered for the standard environmental as well as the core systems that generate the player city structures and node development linked to the races and quests.

Beta will be a rigorous polishing of the ingame combat animations and skills as well as the bug fixes and any specific assets for housing.

Beta is the "meat" section of the play tests and core combat fine tuning.

Alpha (starting soon for fall) is the system core mechanics and server compatibility fine tunings as well as identifying the limitations of their coding and designs.

I estimate end of 2021optimistically if the Alpha has no major issues, and if there are then late 2022 for a more realistic projection since if there is a major issue they'll have to go back and restructure assests and areas to adapt to their changes.
  • Options
    cpcraftcpcraft Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Probably if you'd have a kid and until the child poops on its own - then. That's my scale.
  • Options
    It will be released when it is finished. We don't have a timeline for that, but @StevenSharif will launch it when it is ready. The more and better feedback we give, the better the game will be.
  • Options
    PeggysuegotParriedPeggysuegotParried Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nizzikef wrote: »

Same for me and Camelot Unchained, Have 2 founders pack I'm selling because they took too damn long, lost interest and faith in them.
  • Options
    RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bet we see it by winter of 21. Beta first of the year.