Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

NPC combo attacks and tanking

In your latest developement update video you showed off the attack animation of a large ogre/troll creature armed with a large club.
It got me thinking about NPC combo attacks and how a club like that would be used.

The example I thought of would be for the ogre to do a spinning 360 degree sweep which knocks enemies down and deals a small amount of damage. The sweep animation then continues into the ogre raising the club above his head and smashing down dealing heavy damage.

This attack scenario gives someone like a tank multiple ways of dealing with the attack.
1. Block the sweep and avoid the downward smash.
2. Use cooldowns to soak both the sweep and smash
3. Run away from the sweep in time and avoid the smash.

Of course if the sweep ability is given a visual queue when cast it gives those 3 choices even more meaning, if you are quick and notice the queue you can avoid the damage altogether.

I think this would be more interesting gameplay for tanks rather than just blocking one attack at a time.

Comments